Chapter 19

Omni walked through the dying trees with DuneClan, the fallen leaves crunching under her paws.
The conversations from the gathering grew louder as they got closer. Cats started appearing when they arrived at the elder oak. Albatross glanced at Omni nonchalantly - instead of angrily for once - and trotted to the top of the hill and next to Vox.
MoonClan hadn't arrived yet, so Omni had time to maybe socialize a bit. She scanned the cats around her, her eyes landed on a tabby she-cat from FireClan sitting alone. The she-cat looked about the same age as her mother. The thing that caught Omni's attention was that the she-cat had a stumpy tail, like a lynx's tail.

Omni approached the she-cat cautiously.
"Hello." Omni greeted, bowing her head slightly. The she-cat turned to her, then returned the nod.
"You're the new DuneClan member right? Omni was it?" She asked.
"Yes, I am. What's your name?"
"Lynx."
Well that was ironic.
"I like your scar." Omni nodded to Lynx's tail.
"Thank you. I like yours too, it looks new."
Omni had forgotten the scar she'd gotten from fighting the Sharptooth. The morning after she'd got it, Lite took her to clean it in a pond they found in FireClan's territory. Yellow had said that it was starting to turn pink.
MoonClan finally showed up, with Swift at the front of the group. Unlike the other two clans, they all stayed clustered together. She hadn't noticed that last time.
"MoonClan's been doing this for three gatherings now. I worry they're up to something." Lynx muttered.
Swift joined Albatross and Vox on the hill, beginning the meeting shortly after.

"FireClan is still doing well, there are no announcements to be made." Vox stated.
Omni thought she saw him glance in her direction, but when she blinked his attention was back on the other leaders.
"MoonClan is also well. Our stream is flowing once again." Swift added.
"DuneClan is doing good. Fox killed a Sharptooth with the help of our newest member." Albatross straightened his posture proudly.
All the cats erupted into chatter.
"Fox killed a Sharptooth?!"
"I don't believe it!"
Vox glanced at her again, this time his gaze lingered. He bowed in respect, which she returned.

After the chatter, the conversation continued between the leaders.
"Have you told your warriors to stop hunting by the Jadepool? It is our territory." Swift asked Albatross, cautiously but firmly at the same time.
"The Jadepool is clearly on our territory. We established that when we first formed the clans." Albatross retorted, in a way that silently said 'I was there when territories and borders were formed. I should know.'
Swift glared at him. For a long moment, everyone was quiet, not daring to speak with all the tension between the two leaders.
"Alright, that's enough. We come to gatherings to discuss things peacefully. I'm sure we can negotiate." Vox interjected.

"...Yeah, we can negotiate." Swift started.
"You tell your warriors to stay off our territory, and we won't kill you." Swift turned and left with her clan without waiting for a response.
Everyone remained silent.
"...Well, I think that about concludes our gathering." Vox said, but then whispered something to Albatross so nobody could hear. Albatross nodded and gestured for his clan to follow him.
Omni was about to follow him, but Vox was walking in her direction.
"I'm sorry but I would like to talk with you quickly. Albatross said it was okay, but of course you can go with them if you want."
He's so polite. Omni should learn from him, for when she gets home.
"Oh, I don't mind." She replied.
Vox turned to Lynx, who was still sitting next to her.
"Can you lead the clan back to camp?"
"Of course, Vox." Lynx nodded to Omni, before walking away with FireClan.

Omni silently asked Crimsonpelt to come to her for guidance, just in case Vox's politeness was just a facade and he was planning to kill her or something. But Crimsonpelt didn't show.