Chapter 23

Omni waited as Lynx finished her final lesson with Lite and Spirit. Since Spirit began her training a little late, Lynx trusted Lite to fill her in on everything she missed when she left. Omni wasn't entirely sure ThunderClan would accept Lynx, but she was hopeful.
Omni watched the last leaf on a nearby oak tree. It would fall soon. She was excited and nervous to see Wrenpaw again. Excited because she would get to see her brother again, but nervous because she was afraid that their bond would never be the same.
Would he be bigger than her? Was he still the same ecstatic little rascal?
Was Darkpaw still anti-social? Was Spiderpaw still salty and sarcastic? Was Hollowpaw still nice and compassionate?

That's when it hit her. Spiderpaw and Hollowpaw must be warriors soon.
They were both a moon older than her, and her training would've lasted only one more moon. They should receive their warrior names in a matter of days. Darkpaw would probably have to continue his apprenticeship longer, but the other two brothers should be warriors by the time Omni returns.
Lynx, Lite and Spirit trotted over to Omni. she realized that while she was thinking, the last leaf had fallen and landed right in front of her paws.
She looked back at Lynx.
"It's time to go." Lynx nodded.

They walked back to the FireClan camp. Omni was not expecting the entirety of both clans waiting for them. Vox and Albatross sat next to each other while the rest of their clans sat behind them. Vox was the first to speak.
"Lynx, you have been an amazing healer. You've saved so many lives and I am proud to have had you as our healer. But you're not just a healer, you're a nurturer and a teacher and an inspiration. You're my friend. And it will be very hard without you, but I wish you luck. I hope you find happiness in ThunderClan, and if you don't, you are always welcome to come back." He said.
Lynx looked at him with sad eyes.
"Thank you, Vox."

Albatross sighed, gathering his words.
"Omni...I know you haven't been with us for very long, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that you've been a great example for all warriors to follow. You're one tough warrior, and I know you'll make it through anything. Take care of yourself, we'll miss you." He said.
Omni felt her stomach drop. She would miss DuneClan so much.
The two clans then bowed to them. Full bows. They all lingered like that for a few moments, before lifting their heads up.
All of the cats said their respective goodbyes to both of them.
"Thank you all." Omni said to DuneClan.
"You've taught me so much and you've been very kind...well, most of you." She looked at Albatross, who chuckled lightly.
"I'll miss you." she added.
"We'll miss you too, Omni." Meadow said.
Everyone nuzzled into her as their final goodbye. She would return to visit someday, and she would bring her family with her.

...

Omni made sure to say goodbye to Raven before following the thunderpath back home. Because she was more energized and knew some good hunting tricks, it only took a few days to travel to ThunderClan.
Omni would have to get used to being called Smokepaw again. That would be a little difficult. She hoped that Hoverstar, if he accepted Lynx, would keep her name similar to what it was now.
Familiar ThunderClan scents filled the air.
"We're almost there." She told Lynx.
Omni heard rustling, but she assumed it was a squirrel. She continued walking into ThunderClan territory.
She heard a hiss, followed by a cat pouncing on her. They pinned her and she was about to twist around and slash them, but she saw a familiar tortoiseshell pelt.
"Spiderpaw?" She asked.
The cat gasped slightly, backing off of her. She got a proper look at the cat, seeing that it was him!
"Smokepaw..." She ran up to him and nuzzled into him, which he returned hesitantly. He was trying to maintain his sarcastic exterior, while also missing her. She could tell that's what he was doing.

"I missed you." She said, backing away. Smokepaw then turned to Lynx, seeing that she looked very confused.
"Oh, this is my friend Lynx. Lynx, this is Spiderpaw." She introduced.
"Actually, it's Spiderclaw now." He corrected her.
Right, she forgot about that.
"Right. Congratulations by the way."
"Thank you. Sorry for pouncing on you, by the way. You smell so different. You look so different." He remarked.
"So do you!" He really did look different. He was taller than before, but still kind of skinny.

After a quick chat, Spiderclaw walked the two back to camp. He said that Hoverstar would probably let Lynx join, but he wasn't really sure.
Apparently, Hollowpaw was now Hollowfang and Darkpaw and Wrenpaw were still doing okay.
They finally arrived at camp and pushed through the entrance.
Nostalgia filled Smokepaw. She was finally home.