Chapter 41

The three clans clashed. Everyone was struggling.
Smokestorm frantically waved her claws around, attempting to strike Jaggedstar. But Jaggedstar was determined. She swiped at Smokestorms underbelly, leaving long scarlet claw marks. Smokestorm cried out. Jaggedstar was too strong, she couldn't get her off.
Suddenly, a cat charged at Jaggedstar and headbutted her down.
It was Dawnfern!

"Back away from my daughter!" Dawnfern shouted.
Jaggedstar only hissed and launched at Dawnfern. Smokestorm rushed to help her mother, but a familiar RiverClan she-cat blocked her path.
"Rosepelt..." Smokestorm whispered.
Rosepelt snarled.
"Last time I saw you up close you were a little apprentice. Look at you now. I hear you've become deputy of ThunderClan. And you're, what? 17 moons old? That makes you the youngest deputy in history."
Smokestorm fought the pain in her underbelly and hissed threateningly.
"Alright. Let's see what you've got."
Smokestorm ran towards Rosepelt, latching herself onto her back. Smokestorm ripped and clawed, causing Rosepelt's blood to fly out. She spotted Mapleflame dash to help her by pushing Rosepelt onto her belly.
With one deep scratch to Rosepelt's underbelly by Mapleflame, Rosepelt passed out.
Mapleflame looked over at Smokestorm. Smokestorm nodded in thanks.

Mapleflame was about to nod back, when Rosepelt slashed her neck wide open. Mapleflame choked, wobbling her way to lie on the grassy ground.
Smokestorm stood in shock, unable to move her limbs.
Sparrowstripe, who had seen the whole thing, came rushing over to avenge his sister.
Smokestorm managed to cry "Sparrowstripe, no!" but it was too late.
Rosepelt, who had played dead, easily took him down.
She pinned him on his back and held her claws over his throat. She looked directly in Smokestorms eyes, before pushing her claws deep in Sparrowstripe's neck.
"Oops." she said.

...

Smokestorm blacked out. She remembered nothing of her fight with Rosepelt after Sparrowstripe was murdered. She merely found herself standing over Rosepelt's dead body, laying next to Mapleflame and Sparrowstripe.
Smokestorm snapped out of her trance.
"DARKCLOUD!" She called.
Darkcloud and Spottedfrost ran over to her. He took a look at the bodies, then looked back at her.
"Smokestorm, Smokestorm! Listen, you need to keep fighting. They'll be fine. Just keep fighting. We need you out there." Darkcloud stated hurriedly.
Smokestorm hesitated, but carried on with the fight. Leaving Darkcloud to take care of Mapleflame and Sparrowstripe.

While she blacked out, ShadowClan had joined the fight. They were fighting WindClan, RiverClan and ThunderClan at the same time.
Smokestorm needed a moment to take in the area around her. There were dozens of bodies littered on the ground, lying lifelessly. The heavy rain washed away most of the blood on Smokestorm's pelt, and also caused the ground to get squishy and muddy. Every warrior was fighting one another.
It was chaos.
This needed to stop.
Smokestorm reached deep within herself, and let out a loud roar. She felt the power of every spirit holding her steady.
Everyone slowly stopped fighting and turned their heads towards her, waiting for her to say something.
Her heart pounded in her chest. She didn't know what to do.
What is that?
Behind all the cats, a glowing figure walked towards her. It was made of blue dust, like the star lake. The figure halted just before reaching the other cats.
It was Hollowfang. From behind the trees, many spirits emerged and joined Hollowfang.
Crimsonpelt. Hoverstar. Blackpool. Fawnheart. Whisperfoot. Hazeltail. Tawnyshade. Snakeshade. Frostbite. Mapleflame. Sparrowstripe.
They all sat silently, but their presence encouraged her to speak up.

"I know you're all mad. You all want to fight and maybe kill each other. But take a quick moment to look at the ground."
Everyone stared at their fallen warriors, as if it suddenly dawned upon them what they had done.
"I know that all of these warriors had family, friends. Family and friends that will mourn their deaths for the rest of their lives."
Smokestorm looked down at a ShadowClan she-cat, one who she recognized from the nursery.
"We didn't mean to kill her. She was just in the way." a WindClan cat stated.
"Tell that to her kits."
The WindClan warrior stayed quiet. Smokestorm continued.
"Our clans are strong, reasonable. We can stop the killing right now and find another solution. Apart, we are weak. Together we are strong, together we are smart. Together, we are the strongest force in this forest. We can do anything. Will you stand by as we destroy ourselves, or will you stand with those we've lost?"

...

ThunderClan returned to camp in silence. Mourning Mapleflame and Sparrowstripe, who were thankfully the only ones that had died, but also thanking StarClan that the fighting stopped.
Smokestorm walked next to Gingerpelt, the only one in her family who was still alive. Smokestorm felt awful. Her mother had died during leaf-bare, and her siblings died in battle.
Gingerpelt didn't look as sad as Smokestorm was expecting.
"Are you okay?" Smokestorm asked her.
"Mapleflame and Sparrowstripe are in a better place. Where there's no fighting or fear. I'm glad I still have you. You, Spottedfrost and Lightfoot are all I have left."
Smokestorm brushed her tail over Gingerpelt's back, like her mother used to.
"Everything will be alright now."

(That is the end of this book. I am currently writing a sequel that I promise will be way better than this one, this book was just for fun and the writing is really trashy. You don't have to read this book to understand the next one, but I'd appreciate it!)