The 5 Years (petelena)

A/N yes I know yelena is canonicaly ace or smth like that but this is a fanfic after all its not that deep.

They had done it, Peter could hardly believe it, they managed to bring everyone back, but the things Peter had done over the 5 years took a heavy toll on his mental health and the only person who he could confide in was yelena who he met and quickly became Freinds and very recently lovers.

"I know I should be happy that we got everyone back but I can't help but feel like I've lost part of myself from the past years" he explained to yelena who was resting her chin on his shoulder from behind "I think the best thing to do is tell everyone what you did, it might not make you feel better but at least you won't have it weighing down on your chest" her Russian accent lingered in his ears, over the few years it became a sort of lullaby for Peter when he'd wake up with sweat running down his forehead and thoughts of that day on titan corrupting his mind  "I'll think about it in the morning, night lena" he kissed her forehead as she snuggled into a ball against him and they both quickly fell asleep.

They spoke more about just telling everyone about what happened over the years and decided to invite everyone close to them for a celebration over their victory to thanos where hopefully he'd have the chance to say what happened "Паук, you OK?" she asked seeing Peter fiddling with his fingers and muttering to herself "wh- oh yeah, I'm fine" she explained how everyone was starting to arrive at their home and that they should greet them, like normal people are supposed to, he went to the door where Tony, Rhodey, thor, bucky and Stephen were stood "come in guys, drinks are in the cupboard above the toaster, help yourself to whatever is in the fridge. It wasn't supposed to be a fancy part really just a "yay we're not dead" party.

Over the next hour, more and more heroes who were at the battle, Including natasha who Peter and yelena had to awkwardly explain their relationship to, Peter even invited ned because he was the reason Peter escaped his bus to help Tony "Pete, you need to tell them about what happened" yelena stated interlocking her fingers with his "I dunno anymore, everyone's having a good time now, I don't want to ruin it" he said "remember what I said yesterday, it might not make you feel better but it won't be a burden on your shoulders" he kissed her quickly "I hate you" he teased "love you too" he removed his hand from hers And got everyone's attention "I need to tell you all  what  happened to me over the 5 Years" and he begun explaining.

*towards the end of his retelling of events*

"so then I met yelena and we became friends very quickly which escalated to love and we were a good team until bucky came across me and yelena and informed us that they found a way to bring everyone back which leads us to where we are now" you could see Petes hands shaking as he explained it, yelena held his hand to stop them shaking but you could still tell they see shaking "we don't blame you kid, must've been a hard 5 years" Peter scoffed at Steve's words "no shit" as they stood in silence letting the news that their youngest member was a killer wash over them, Peter left and climbed up to the roof to reflect.

*2 hours later*

Peter was still sat down on the roof of his and yelena's apartment he enjoyed the peace of the outside and the sounds of the city "Младенец?, everyones leaving now, they understand that they you don't want to be disturbed but they just wanted me to inform you that they won't hold it against you and still love you all the same" she sat beside him dangling her feet off the edge of the building as Peter did "thank you" he said out of the blue "for what?" she asked "when thanos snapped all those years ago, I felt lost, like I had no purpose left, at the time I thought I lost everyone in my life but then I met you and I was filled with purpose again, having someone who understood me, who i could hug, I could love, so thank you yelena belova for making my life worth living again" she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately which he returned "you know what name is better than yelena belova?" he turned his head "what?" he asked "yelena parker" he laughed "let's not get ahead of ourselves now" she leaned into his side and rested her head on his shoulder as they spent the rest of the day stargazing and just being glad thry had found each other when they had.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, updates will be slower as of tomorrow cause of school starting again 😐🔫 but I'll try my best, as always requests are welcome.
BYE!