First Meetings

I realise that I'm still shaking Chris's hand and quickly drop it. "So...this is the house obviously". and show them through to the main kitchen and entertaining area. 

"Oh wow..." Britt says as she walks in and sees the gourmet kitchen that's probably never once been used by the current owner of the house. 

"So this is the kitchen and main dining area, these doors obviously open up the whole room and it's perfect for if you're having a party or a barbecue and are inviting lots of people over. 

I watch Chris step out into the back yard and follow him. "Here we have a fire pit just over this way and a pool. There's a lot of shade too which is always welcoming when it's a hot day, but..." I hold my finger up to pause, "Come over here and you'll soon see why I love this place". 

He and Britt follow me to the seating area with a view. "Woah, that's a really nice view". Britt announces as she looks out onto the city and the canyon. 

"Sure is..." Chris says and I notice him look away from me and to the actual view. 

I think nothing of it, and give them a moment to take in the scenery. "So this house was built in the forties, it's 4,600 square feet, you have three bedrooms, four bathrooms and as well the pool, you have a spa as well -  somewhere to relax after a hard day's work, or even out here". 

"I bet the view really comes alive at night." Chris says as he looks out to the view more, hands casually in the pockets of his jeans. 

The man is like a model. 

I nod. "If you wanna come back to see what it's like in the evening, I can do a twilight viewing. Honestly when you have the fire pit going and the lights from the city, it really is beautiful". I tell him confidently. "Of course you have your privacy up here, I know that's a very important factor that Britt has told me about". 

"Yeah, I mean - currently I'm in LA a lot for work, and I just need somewhere to stay while I'm here". 

"Where are you currently?" 

"Boston". He tells me. 

I make a face, "Of course, I should've really known that - although I'm not a stalker or anything so it's probably better I didn't..."

Oh Fleur you are an absolute melt. I think to myself 

He grins and I'm trying to keep my knickers from getting soaked. Up close this man is as gorgeous as they say. 

Holy hell, how this man succeeds in not impregnating women just by one look is beyond me. 

"I did have a house here a few years ago, but sold it. I prefer Boston coz it's, y'know, closer to family and everyone. I didn't really want a big house so this seems to fit everything I need so far".  He nods as he looks around. "And Dodger would really love it out here." 

Dodger, his dog - I know that much. His Instagram is filled with pictures of him or both of them.

"It's pet safe too, of course the house has a security system but the community is gated, as you probably saw on your way in". 

He nods again. "Yeah, that's given me some peace of mind actually". 

"Ok, so if you and Britt wanna take a look around at the rest of the place, have a little chat about it - I'll just be be out here. Take your time". I beam and he turns to Britt.

"Let's go check it out". 

Once they've headed inside I exhale and pull out my phone to text Ang. 

Got some gossip for you when I'm back in the office ;) 

TELL ME NOW! 

Can't - see you back at the office later on. 

Bitch, I'm on two viewings this afternoon! Give me the gossip!

I decide to be evil and make her wait until we're all back in the office, and then tell them just who the anonymous client is. Checking my work emails, Chris and Britt appear again a while later, the latter coming up to me as he's on his phone video calling someone. 

"He's just showing his brother to see what he thinks, but he really likes it".  Britt tells me. "What's the asking price again?" 

"$3.5 Million." I tell her. 

"And what kind of interest has the house had since going on the market?" 

I smile, "It's actually not been listed yet, it'll be hitting the market next week but we do expect it to go within a day or two - houses around here don't really stay up for that long and due to the location, it'll receive a fair amount of interest". 

Britt notes this down with a small 'hmmm', "And would the owners be willing to accept an offer before it's put on the market?" 

"They are. Hence why I thought I would show you this - If Chris or yourself would like a twilight viewing, just to get a feel of the home at night then I can certainly arrange one. The owners aren't permanently based here so I can bring you when you want".

I look over and see Chris showing the person on the video call the view. 

"He wants Scott's opinion - they're pretty close and usually hang out a fair bit when he's not working, so if he was to buy this place it needs Scott's seal of approval too". Britt laughs as she watches him. 

"It's an important one". I chuckle. 

"That and Dodger's approval too, although I'm sure he'll love it out here". She tells me and we wait until Chris has finished the call before he comes over to join us. 

I look at them both. "So, what are we thinking about this place then?" 

Chris looks to Britt and nods. "I love it actually. I think it's worth coming back for a look at night - would that be ok?" 

"Sure" I nod enthusiastically, "When were you thinking?" 

Britt quickly looks at the diary on her phone. "Ok, we can only do tonight - the whole of this week is you on night shoots, so would that be possible?" She grimaces, knowing that it's short notice. 

"Is indeed". 

"Great, I'm gonna bring Scott too as he wants to see what it's like." Chris tells Britt, "But yeah, I think it's a really great house - I'm seriously considering putting in an offer". He then turns to me. 

He has pretty eyes...

FLEUR! 

"Ok, yeah so I'm thinking 7pm if that's ok?" I look to them both as they nod. "Great, well you enjoy the rest of your day and I'll see you both back here tonight". I tell them and show them out, feeling pretty confident that Chris will put in an offer after seeing the place tonight. 

As I watch them head to the gate from the front entrance, I see him glance back to take another look at the front exterior and then his eyes fall on me...

and I can't take mine from him...