Girls Night

"Late!" Jen shouts as I run into the office the next morning, "pay the fee and state your reason!"

Fucking late jar. Originally it started out as a joke and now has turned serious. This is the first time I've been running late and my only excuse is that I didn't get back from Chris's until 1am.

Thanks to Scott (who will probably be buried in the back yard the next time I visit) the moment kinda died and both of us, completely frustrated, ended up finishing the bottle of wine we'd started and just talking about anything. I suppose it was a good thing that we didn't carry on, I don't want to rush things and screw up.

"Went out, overslept." I mumble and pay the fee, then dashing to my desk before anyone can ask me more.

Lexi now looks over to me and mouths "tell me everything!" And I frown, mouthing back a "what?". She huffs and now rolls her chair over to my desk. "Were you on a date last night?" She asks quietly.

I bite my lip. "I had a drink with someone, yes". Well I'm not lying about that part.

"Wasn't Chris Evans was it?" She half laughs and I do nervously.

"No, no, just someone I met outside of work, I'm just enjoying it being casual at the moment".

Lex nods, "you seem brighter, what's he like?"

How the fuck do I answer that? "We have a lot in common, it's not been too long to be honest so we're still just getting to know one another, met him in a bar one night after work".
I can't let her know, not yet. It's not going to be a walk in the park. I don't know if I'm prepared for what would happen if anyone saw us together. We haven't ventured out together yet, but I suppose soon enough we'll have to.

"Well it's girls night tonight!" She says excitedly, "you can tell us all about him!"

"Yay..." I let out a small and hesitant reply.

The last thing I want to do is come clean and tell them about Chris. Lexie senses my reluctance. "It's fine, you don't have to! I was kidding, but you do realise that Ang will wanna know all the gory details".

"There are none!" I laugh and see my phone light up. I grab it and open up the message that's now come through from Chris, a selfie of him and Dodger chilling on set in his trailer.
They're heading to Atlanta after this weekend, and then onto a few other filming locations so I won't be seeing him for a few weeks at least.

You made me late for work - had to pay the fine 🙄

His message back is a smug one. Bet it was worth it though 😏

Would've been if your brother hadn't decided to cock block 😝😏

He's had his key privileges taken away temporarily.

I chuckle to myself and then realise Lexie is watching me with a smirk. "What?" I ask.

She grins, "you're like a little kid, what's your mystery man saying?"

"Nothing." I say and quickly text him back before shoving my phone into my bag. I have to focus on work, and then tonight I can finally enjoy some drinks with the girls.

**

I get Jen to take a few pictures of me that evening before we make our way to Skybar, Lexie stating she needs all the cocktails in the world so as she can black out on the way home and forget this week.
Ang is already there in a booth and waiting for us once we arrive. "You all look fuckable" she declares and passes the round of drinks she's brought to us.

"Fleur's new man would probably agree". Lexie smirks and then yelps as I stamp on her foot.

Jen and Ang turn to me, "new man? Tell us more!"

I groan and shoot a glare at Lex, "seriously?"

"Sorry!" She squeaks, "it just slipped out!"

I sip my drink and just shrug it off. "It's early days still, We're just getting to know one another" the same spiel that I gave Lexie earlier. "But I like him".

"Well you wouldn't be seeing one another if you didn't". Ang rolls her eyes in the usual fashion. "As long as he treats you right, otherwise I'm gonna kick his ass".

I shrug again, "I don't know, we'll just have to see how things go". I make my excuses and head to the bathroom, sitting in a cubicle and pulling out my phone.

Chrisevans started following you - my instagram notification tells me.

I blink and open the app, seeing he has indeed started following me. I know that people are going to clock on and so I quickly change my profile to private, following him back in the process.

I text him. Following me on instagram? You're playing a dangerous game Evans.

Couldn't resist, enjoying your night out?

The girls have clocked on that I may be seeing someone, so naturally I'm being asked questions.

Damn...who is he? 😏

He's called Dodger, nice guy, loves hugs and doesn't answer back 😂

😂 well, seems I have competition then. Can I see you tomorrow, need to get some things ready before I head off on Monday but I'd like to see you before I go.

I pause but then message back. "How about I grab us some breakfast and bring it over? I'll even bring Dodger a nice little treat".

Tell you what, you bring Dodger his food and I'll make us breakfast 😉

How's your pancake making skills?

Come over tomorrow morning and you'll find out.

I have to get back to the girls and we quickly arrange a time before I go and show my face again and enjoy the rest of my evening.

I tell them nothing about my newest instagram follower.