The New Normal

I'm in my room that evening when Chris gets back and knocks on my door. "You ok?" He asks as he gives me a hug and walks further into the room.

I nod, "yeah, your brothers been playing bodyguard of some sorts today, just in case there were photographers lurking, I didn't think there were but I guess we'll soon find out".

They're gonna be trying to follow us now, I know they will.

"Did you enjoy is company regardless?" Chris smirks as he lets go of me.

"He's very good company, have you eaten by the way?" I ask. I've been waiting until he gets back just in case I need to get on the phone to room service.

He shakes his head. "You wanna get us something? I need a shower"  and stretches tiredly., top rising up so I can see that body of his.

"Let me guess, you want pizza". I know him well enough by now not know it's his food of choice.

Chris lets out a small laugh, "seems I'm that predictable", and then gives me a kiss. "I'm gonna head to my room and clean up. Won't be long".

"Okay". I smile and watch him leave, the cheeky smile he has on his face disappearing out the door.

I still need to remember how to breathe properly around him. I may have played it cool when we first met but now? I'm like one massive puddle whenever I see him.

My phone rings and I see Lexie's name. I can't avoid the girls forever and know I pick up the phone and answer, leafing through the room service menu. "Hey..."

"You fucking kept it from us!!!" She all but screeches down the line and I wince.

"I couldn't exactly tell you, it's early days".

"Geez Fleur you're literally everywhere, the whole office is talking about it, we've had journalists ringing twenty four seven asking us about you and Chris - Adrienne was about to burst a nerve at one point".

I sigh, knowing that now even my co workers aren't going to be getting any peace. "I'm sorry..."

She laughs, "hey it's ok, I've enjoyed fucking them around and putting them through to different departments that we don't even have".

"We'll I'm glad to see you're finding it hilarious", and I groan, "I'm so screwed".

"I bet, what's he like in bed anyway?"

I throw myself backwards against the mattress and groan again, "really fucking good..."and I'm immediately taken back to last night when he all but had me shaking until dawn from multiple orgasms. "I just...I sometimes wonder why though..."

"Why what?"

"Why me - I'm not like any of the other girls he's dated".

Lexie chuckles, "maybe that's why, I mean, sure he's dated actresses but perhaps what he wants is someone a bit more grounded, away from the public eye".

I shrug, "I guess..."

"Fleur, in those pictures he certainly looks hooked on you. How do you feel about him?"

The question throws me somewhat, because I haven't really thought of it until now. "I like him, I mean...really, really like him. We just clicked from the moment we met, but what scares me is that it's all going to blow up in my face".

"Girl, just enjoy it! You have the hottest guy on the whole damn planet, and it seems like he really cares for you - what's he said about all this?"

"He's told me not to worry, and even Scott said it would die down once they get the information they want about me, I suppose I've just gotta grit my teeth and hope it works out".

Lexie seems more positive than I do, "it will - so when can I meet him? You know, seeing as I couldn't the last time".

I laugh lightly, "soon, just maybe after all this has calmed down".

"Fine with me, anyway I've gotta go, I have a showing in like an hour so I need to get there and make sure everything's all ready to go". She tells me, "and it'll be ok, Jen and Ang told me to tell you that they love but, but that you're also a bitch for keeping this from us". There's a giggle that escapes her.

"Tell them I love them too, I'll see you when I'm back".

We ring off and I order room service, Chris returning to my room around a half hour later. He looks a little more refreshed but still tired, now looking satisfied as he lies back on my bed. "Geez I'm glad to be done with today".

"Not a good one?" I ask and snuggle up next to him, turning on the tv.

"Too busy worrying about you" he admits and kisses my hair. "You sure you're ok?"

I nod against him, head resting on his chest. "I am now you're here".

I feel safer with him than I have done all day, but I have to admit that I'm pretty scared to go home knowing what lies in store. I just want to hide away with him forever but I know that soon we'll have to get back to reality.