Going Public

With Chris's family coming out to LA to stay, we head out grocery shopping to pick up what we need for the barbeque that we're having with them on the day they arrive. I feel nervous as Chris now chucks me his Boston red sox hat. "Here, pop it on, kinda helps with the anxiety of being photographed". He tells me and instantly I know he's expecting some pictures. 

I pop it on and then look at him. "How do I look?" 

He grins. "Ok, yeah keep it, it suits you better than it does with me", and grabs his wallet. "Scott! We'll be back soon!" He yells outside as we pass through the kitchen and look out into the garden where Scott is on the phone with Lisa. He gives a wave to show he's heard us and we make for the garage. 

I nibble at one of my nails while I sit in the passenger seat, Chris driving along listening to the radio. For him this is just normal but for me it's anxiety inducing. I know he feels it too because he now looks over at me and puts his hand on top of mine. "Hey...it'll be ok, it's just groceries". He shrugs, giving my hand a squeeze. 

"I know" I smile, pushing the feeling down deep inside of me.

We arrive and get out of the car, heading inside and getting what we need to. It's literally just a normal thing. Shopping with my boyfriend and I feel a little better once we get to the checkout and pay for everything. I swear there's enough food here to feed an army - and there is. We have beer, wine and some stuff Scott has requested for cocktails. 

"See? All good - no explosions, the world didn't crumble". Chris grins as we stick the groceries into the trunk and gives me a long and lingering kiss. "I'm proud of you Fleur, I know it's not been easy for you lately what with work and stuff". 

If anything I've enjoyed working from home, but I do want to get back to normality and to the office. I miss working with the girls. As things seem to be calming I'm planning on returning soon. Chris respects that I want to do my own thing, I have my own income, own accommodation (which I'll be returning to next week), my own job - I don't exactly want to be someone who just gives up something good just because of who I'm dating. 

We make for back home, finding Scott and Dodger still in the garden, they come in and help us to put the groceries away. "Any sleazeballs with cameras?" He asks us and we shake our heads. 

Thank god. 

"What time's mom getting here?" Chris asks, beginning to put the beers away. 

"Should be about three so she said. She's looking forward to meeting Fleur, apparently we don't matter". Scott smirks. 

I grin. "Yeah well tell her not to get her hopes up, I'm nothing special". 

Chris gives me a quick kiss on the cheek as he passes, "Now that's a lie", now giving Dodger a treat and ruffling his fur. "Go on you goof, go sit out there with it" and Dodger happily trots into the garden, bushy tail wagging from side to side. 

Scott grins and makes himself a drink, "Honestly, mom's gonna love you, not that she doesn't already - you didn't shut up to her about Fleur when she called while you were in Atlanta". 

"Don't you have shit to do instead of ratting me out?" Chris takes his hat off and whacks his brother around the head with it. 

I check my phone and see a call coming from the office. As it's Friday technically I'm still working and answering emails from my phone. "Hello?" 

"Hey Fleur, we need you to do showing this afternoon up on Hillside Ave?" Adrienne now tells me, "do you have any time free?" 

"Yeah, I can be there in an hour if that's ok with the client?" 

"Brilliant, thanks for the updates on those other two as well. I think we're gonna have an fight for them". 

I chuckle, "Good, the higher the offer the better - send me the details over and I'll be there". 

"Lovely, thanks - can you come back to the office after to check in?" 

"No problem, see you then". I say and ring off. "Well, work calls - gotta go do a showing on Hillside so I'll be back later". 

Chris follows me to the bedroom as I get changed into some tailored shorts, a top and blazer - not forgetting my killer heels. "Geez you look so hot when you get that business attire on". 

I lean in and give him a kiss. "You can rip it off when I'm home". I tell him quietly, taking my bag and keys. "I'll see you later".

"Sure, love you..." He says and I stop and look back at him. 

"Huh?" 

"I...er..." Even he's a little surprised at how casually that came out. "I said I love you". He shakes his head and laughs a little in disbelief at himself. 

I'm a little shocked to say the least and now feel the butterflies in my tummy fluttering overtime. "Love you too Evans". I now come out and say it, not just because he did, but because I know I actually do. 

It's mad in some ways to finally admit it out loud, but now I really know that this is well and truly something. 

I'm in love with him, and I probably have been since we first met.