Barbeques and Boyfriends

The months roll by and before I know it, Scott's birthday has come around and I'm being summoned to celebrate.

After the whole drunken night with Chris, things were said, some that I do regret. We keep in contact but not as much as we'd like to. According to Scott, he's gonna be filming a new movie in Boston soon. Other than that I don't really know as much as I used to.
Things with Jenny have been over for months, and as far as I know he isn't dating anyone.

I decided to stay and just try to focus on work. It's been fine, busy and enough to take my mind from everything. I've had dates with Ryan as well, and there's certainly something there. He's understands all the shit and can accept that we're still friends without any jealousy. We're all adults after all. It's a far different relationship than that with Chris. It's calm, I don't have to worry about people taking pictures or anything.

"Happy birthday you handsome son of a bitch" I grin as I hug Scott and give him his present on my arrival at the Evans family home.

"Look at you! Girl boss". He smirks and puts an arm around me, "mom's already on the wine and she's been waiting for you".

"Oh no". I grin and walk into the kitchen where Lisa is laughing with Shanna. Immediately she sees me. "Aaaah! Come here you!" And pulls me into a massive hug. "Did you not bribing your boyfriend?" She now looks around for Ryan.

"He's finishing early, will be a couple of hours". I tell her.

"Ooooh lovely!" She shoves a glass of wine into my hands and we head into the garden.

The kids are playing with Dodger and Chris is watching, however he smiles as he sees me. "Hey you". He says and we give one another a kiss and a hug. "Dodge!" He yells and immediately Dodger is bounding over.

"Hi bubba!" I grin and ruffle his fur.

"Got some filming starting next month, I wondered whether you could have him for some of it?"

"Course I can" I say, still stroking the dog before he runs off again. "What's in the pipeline?"

"Some murder mystery thing and then another beginning next year that's a book adaption". He explains. "I'll give you the details and dates and stuff, but I can't have him with me all the time".

I brush it off. "It's fine, he can come and win some hearts in the office". I grin.

"How's Ryan?" He now asks. He's met him once before and things went without bloodshed, so let's hope this time is the same. 

"Okay, he's gonna be coming later on after work".

Chris nods, "as long as he's treating you right".

"You'd be the first to know if he wasn't".  I tell him, "what about you? Any lucky ladies on the horizon?" I never really found out why him and Jenny split up, but my guess is that it was him who called it quits. 

He shakes his head with a knowing smile. "Not currently".

"Admit it, I set the bar". I say jokingly.

"You really did". He glances across to me and I now know he's serious.

"Chris..."

There's another shake of the head. "As long as you're happy, it's all I care about".

We're past everything now. The anger, the hurt. We've moved on.

"I am" I smile and he puts an arm around me. "So my mom's already got you on the wine, I'm not gonna be helping Ryan to drag your ass back to your apartment tonight am I?" 

"I'm planning to go easy, don't worry". I laugh a little and am then dragged away by Shanna and Carly for some 'girl talk'.