Family Affair

Scott is literally blaring Lonely Island's 'Just Had Sex' as soon as Chris and I emerge into the kitchen the next morning.

"How long have you been sat here waiting to do that?" I smirk, feeling Chris's hand on my hip as some form of comfort

"About a half hour" He says, turning the volume down, "I didn't hear you but I'm guessing as it's nearly - what - " he checks his watch, "10am, that you guys were doing the dirty".

Chris rolls his eyes and heads to the fridge to get us some juice. "Whatever".

Scott chuckles. "I'm getting you back for all those years you would embarrass me, did you know he told mom about his first time right after he did it!"

I see Chris turn and launch a bread roll at his brother's head. "Dude! Shut up!" and then he smirks at me, although I can tell on the inside he is dying. "Yeah I totally did though".

I shrug, "Nothing wrong with that, besides I know all about what you did to your brother as kids, that and how you used to sing him to sleep, you don't ever do that to me".

He turns back around to us, "I make you practically sing though".

The look this man is giving me now is feral, and boy did he this morning. That damn chain around his neck practically smashing against me.

I can feel my ovaries screaming at me again, it's a wonder I still have them.

"LA LA LA LA LA!" Scott sticks his fingers in his ears and drowns us out so he can't hear no more.

Chris just laughs in his usual way and kisses me, "think we should invite Scott to have Pancasso with us?"

"Scott!" I yell and he takes his fingers from his ears

"Oh? Are we done?"

"Do you want pancakes with fucked up faces? Your brother is cooking".

"Erm yeah?" The younger Evans brother now looks at me as though it's a stupid question. "He told me all about what he did and I want the same treatment"

"Oh, you want me to spell out 'I Love You' in fruit on top of yours too?" Chris turns and braces casually against the counter, eyeing his brother.

"Yeah actually I do!" They both laugh and I roll my eyes with a small shake of my head. I love that they're so close. "Wait! You told her!" Scott looks from Chris to me, jaw literally on the floor. "Mom's gonna freak!"

I slip onto a stool at the kitchen counter and watch Chris as he begins to make the pancakes. "Calm down, it's not like I've asked her to marry me" he replies.

"Still here guys" I remind them with a wave, checking my phone for emails. I shouldn't be looking at them on the weekend, especially as I've told Adrienne I'm unavailable this weekend.

"You know what I mean" Chris says, pouring the pancake batter into a pan.

Anyone can dream of marrying this man, even me I suppose. I'm not even going to think about that though. I've gotta get through meeting his family first and now I can feel the anxiety building.

I decide to set the table and Chris passes me the fruit to pop on there as well as the coffee and juice.

"Ok yeah I expect this every time I stay". Scott says as he comes over and looks at the table.

Chris passes his plate of pancakes to him with 'You Suck' spelt out in a mix of blueberries, banana and strawberries.

"And you swallow" Scott shoots right back in retaliation with an evil look, as Chris brings over my plate and his own.