It's Nice To Have A Friend

"You make for one cute villain" I smirk as I let Dodger into Chris's trailer on set and look him up and down. "Very stylish, I like the trippy scarf".

I've been dog sitting for the last couple of months with Chris being back and forth, but now they're finishing up with 'Knives Out' this week, it means I can return Dodge to his master.

"Shut up" He drawls with a grin and says hello to Dodger before hugging me. "Thanks for taking care of him".

"Oh, he has like six girlfriends now, seriously he's had so much attention from the girls in the office. He's been spoilt as hell".

Chris chuckles. "Now that I can believe", and looks at me. "How's Ryan treating you?"

Shit.

I haven't told him or anyone about what happened after the barbeque.

"We erm...well we broke up". I shrug it off

"Ah shit, I'm sorry".

I brush it off, "It's fine, wasn't meant to be".

"Well he's an idiot". He says and chucks me a soda from the mini fridge. Dodger flopping down next to him. "Ain't that right Bubba?"

Dodger just lays there panting happily at the fact he's back with Chris again, not to say that he hated being with me. In fact he was basking in all the toys and treats that were given to him.

"I might just marry Dodger, he doesn't answer back and likes snuggles".

"Conversation would be very one sided though" Chris chuckles. "I've gotta get his hips checked out, vet says he made need a replacement, just not sure whether it's only one or both".

"Let's hope for just one, he hasn't been in any pain when he's been with me".

"I've only just noticed lately he's struggling a bit, need to do some X-rays to see". He says and then looks at me, "you sure you're ok about the whole Ryan thing?"

"Oh, yeah, I mean - it was probably gonna happen..."

"What happened?" I fall silent and he frowns, "Fleur..."

I shrug, "he made me choose".

"Choose?"

"Yeah, he made me choose - you or him, so I chose you".

Chris looks at me in disbelief, "what the fuck? Why?"

"Because it turned out he couldn't handle the fact that we were still friends, wanted me to cut ties with you all. I mean, I don't blame him for feeling like he did, but he could've been less shitty in some ways".

"Well we can add bartenders to the 'guys to avoid' list, coming under the number one spot which is actors". He says to try and cheer me up.

I laugh, "yeah you guys all suck, I'm good - really, been over it for a while."

Chris looks at Dodger who looks at him. "Do you believe her Bubba?" Dodger blinks, "neither do I".

At that moment one of the crew knocks on the door and tells Chris he's on in five. "I should go then..." I make my excuses. I know the girls in hair and make up will keep Dodger company.

"Look, I finish filming around seven, all going to plan. Why don't you come to my hotel and we can have dinner? Or take out? Whatever, my thank you to you for keeping my buddy busy while I've been gone".

I think about it and nod. "Ok then, let me know if there's any changes".  I say and give Dodger a hug while a crew member now opens the door and tells Chris they're ready.