Epilogue

I watch from my comfy spot on the bed as Chris talks to Jimmy Kimmel about Lightyear. This week has been a whirlwind of interviews and premiere's that he's attending. He's been so busy that it's been hard to keep up with him, but then again the last couple of years have been mad to say the least. 

Literally just days after our wedding, the country was plunged into lockdown, which meant working from home became a regular occurrence. Scott came to spend his isolation with us so the house was mad as anyone can imagine, with constant scare battles, both of them playing ping pong and generally just hanging out. In between that Chris had interviews and work calls  through zoom. It was a strange start to married life but I'm thankful for it, considering it brought us closer together. 

It meant that we could hide away and has made not telling anyone that we're married all the more easier. Well until this interview that was shown last week and my husband decided to announce the best kept secret. 

"Now, we see pictures of your lovely lady on Instagram, she's been in your brother's Tik Toks..." Jimmy begins and I see Chris grin, "You ever gonna say "I do?" at some point in the future?" 

Chris now laughs lightly. "Already have..." and then sees Jimmy's reaction, the audience also going a little wild. 

"What! Wait what!" Jimmy says in true form, "When did this happen?"

"We got married literally a week before they shut everything down for Covid, so it's been pretty easy to just keep it from people. I mean, we're pretty private anyway and there's things you can keep from the media to enjoy for yourself and things you can't..." 

Jimmy smirks. "Like your little one"

Chris now beams at the mention of our little girl. "Yep...yeah like that" and his smile gets broader as he begins to talk about her. 

"How's she doing?" 

"She's good, yeah real good - she just turned one back in March and now she's walking she's discovered that she can pretty much try and ride Dodger around the house". 

Jimmy chuckles. "And how does he like that?" A picture of Dodger comes up on screen and the audience erupt into a chorus of 'Awwww's' 

"He literally doesn't care, he'll play with her, she'll chase him around, he'll follow her, y'know and he's protective of her too so it's like I've been replaced. He's got a new best bud now". Chris explains, "But it was easy to kinda keep it all on the lowdown from the media because of Covid, but we knew it wasn't something we could always keep tight lipped about, so when Phee did come along we just thought, yup we'll put it out there but would request that we still have that privacy..."

Ophelia was born literally one year on from our wedding, and has completed us - even if we weren't actively trying. Chris fell in love with her the moment he first laid eyes on her and has just been the best father I could have imagined. He calls her Phee-Phee and she adores him. Whenever he comes home she's always toddling straight to him - she's a daddy's girl for sure. 

And so am I...

"You gonna be wanting to add to that big family of yours anytime soon?" Jimmy questions 

Chris chuckles. "Well I'm an old man now..." 

"Yeah right!" 

"You seen the grey right here?" Chris now shows him the grey that's in his beard. 

Honestly it gets me hot under the collar. 

They continue to talk about Lightyear and then it goes to commercials. I get up and go to check on Phee who is sleeping soundly for her afternoon nap. Chris is due back from London today after his Lightyear premiere so I can't wait to see him. It's the first time we've spent his birthday apart so he's getting a belated present. 

I shoot him a quick text to see whether he's landed yet, and then check my Instagram which has now had a name change since last weeks announcement. 

Fleur Irving-Evans 

There are tagged pictures of me and Chris at the premiere in LA last week, something I'll never get used to seeing still. I'm just lucky I can still be in the job that I love and not have the worry of being bombarded. I didn't want to change who I am for a man and Chris certainly didn't expect me to either. My career is separate and that's the way it'll always stay. 

Amongst being known as many different things to many people, I am still and always will be me. 

**

A few hours later as I'm playing with Ophelia in the living room, I hear the door open and Chris now yell, "Where's my Phee?" 

Dodger zooms out to go greet him and Ophelia toddles out following him and then begins yelling 'DA, DA, DA!" when she spots Chris. 

"C'mere gorgeous! Oh I've missed yoooou, did you miss daddy?" He asks as he holds her tightly and starts giving kisses to her. 

Ophelia giggles with delight as I join her and beam. "Is daddy home?"

"Yes, 'daddy' is" Chris smirks as he puts his free arm around me and gives me a long kiss. "Missed you too Fleurie". 

"Missed you more, by the way, who gave you permission to look that gorgeous yesterday?" I ask, "I've seen the pictures, you're certainly becoming a bit of a silver fox". 

He laughs and we go through to the living room, Chris now sitting down on the couch so he can finally rest from the travelling he's been doing, although he has both Dodger jumping up at him as well as Phee tugging at his shirt. We give him his belated birthday present and I lean down to his ear. "Extra present for you tonight if you can keep awake" Giving him a naughty wink. 

"Better get my power nap in now then". He pulls me into him as I sit down and savour moments like this. 

Four of us, maybe more one day but for now this is all I will ever need.