I Wanna Be Your Endgame pt 2

Chris starts off riding with us but then has to switch cars so that he arrives separate, something that he always gets a little stressed about. "Fleur...please, I need you to come with me". He says, fidgeting a little and I know he's not wanting to walk the carpet alone.

"You know I can't". I tell him quietly. The thought of it is even making me anxious.

"Please".

I bite my lip and then nod, knowing he's not gonna feel calm until I do. "Okay".

We get out and into the other car. I throw a look back to Scott who gives me an enthusiastic thumbs up before the door closes.

I look over at Chris and give his hand a squeeze. "And breathe".

"These things are always so nerve wrecking, sorry I shouldn't have pushed you to come with me".

"Yeah well if we're going down the shitting ourselves route then we may as well do it together in front of a load of photographers". I smirk

He places a kiss on my hand and smiles at me. "And that is why I love you".

If I can take his mind from things then doing this for him is worth it.

Eventually we pull up and already the cameras are flashing, people screaming.

I feel sick.

"I've gotcha". He leans over and takes my hand as the door opens, the screaming and shouts becoming louder as people realise it's him. "Follow my lead". He says and now it seems to be him looking after me.

We get out, people calling for him...and for me?

It's bizarre but Chris keeps his arm around my waist and together we stand for pictures. Our names being called from all directions. I just smile and try to look where I'm supposed to. "See...doing great". He leans in and tells me, "I can't wait to get you outta that thing later".

I now look at him and laugh just as he does, "they got a bathroom here we could sneak off to?" I whisper to him and he throws me a very alluring look.

Naughty boy.

I see Britt now coming over to stand with security so they can pretty much keep herding us down the carpet and I manage to take a step back, watching him as he gets to the fans.

"You look beautiful Fleur". She grins as we hug. "You wanna come over with Lisa and everyone?"

"You're a life saver". I laugh, a little relieved to finally blend back in with the family. There are people still calling for me and I simply give them a smile and a wave before I go and join everyone else.

"How the fuck do you do this?" I ask Scott

He shrugs, "you get used to it, you guys looked amazing by the way - they're gonna wanna be taking pictures of us with him soon so you're not getting off the hook just yet".

"Damnit!" I laugh and continue talking to him until I hear a voice.

"Well, well, well! Fleur Irving! You're on fire!"

I don't have to turn around to know who it is and then see him grinning behind me and fanning himself. "Been a while Mackie". I say and hug him, "you bring any Denzel out in this film?"

"You know it" he smirks, "Sebastian's around here somewhere, guy's probably living it up on his own. Chris still out there?" He now gets on tip toes to look over people to try and find him. "I see him".

"He's nervous" I state.

"Yep, nervous nelly". Downey comes over with his wife Susan and gives me a hug. "How you doing, been a while".

"Well you're just as busy as the rest of us". I say

"What up Dorito!" Downey now clocks Chris coming over and the pair give one another a big hug, "just talking to your beau here, looking a picture".

Chris slips his arm around me, "damn right she is, they want us over there by the way" he says to Scott and points to the wall where people are getting their pictures taken in front of.

"I'll grab Mom and the others". Scott says and goes to tell Lisa.

Downey says he'll see us inside and after rounding up the family and having yet more pictures taken, finally we go inside.

**

"I just have one teeeeeeeny weeeeeeeny gripe". I say to Chris that night as we lay in bed.

"Oh yeah? What's that?"

"Steve shouldn't have gone back" I smirk as does he. "I know, I know you told me you like his ending, but...I guess it would've been nice for him to stay. He spent all those years trying to move on - oh and your mom was crying because apparently you looked like your grandad at the end".

"I still think he deserved the ending he had". He now winces. "Certainly interesting seeing what I'm gonna potentially look like if I make it to eighty"

"Have to admit you'd still make a cute old man"

"I am an old man". He smirks. "On the verge of forty".

"Mmm but ageing like a fine wine" I bite my bottom lip sexily and kiss him. He pulls me onto him and tucks my hair behind my ear so he can see my face more.

"Fleur..."

"Yeah?" I look down at him.

"If I asked you to marry me, would you say yes?"

I roll off him and sit up, then looking back at him. "Is that just in general or are you actually asking me?"

He looks serious, "Either way, I'm asking".

Oh hell...