From "Yes" To "I Do"

I look at myself nervously in the mirror. I haven't been able to eat anything this morning or sleep well.

Today is my wedding day...

I know I'm not the only one feeling nervous because Scott just delivered a card to my room from Chris and it basically told me how he was also anxious but couldn't wait to see me. I can tell he's going to be at the end of the aisle fidgeting in his little way like he does when he gets like that.

There's a knock at the door and it's Lisa. "Oh my gooooood, look at you" she hugs me as she closes the door. "He's not gonna know what hit him".

I grin. "How is he?"

"In his own words 'shitting bricks', but Scott's with him so he'll be ok". She nods, "now I've seen him anxious but never like this".

"Does he think I'll bolt?"

"Probably, he went through all the worst case scenario's like what if you said no or just stood him up. I told him to get those thoughts outta his head because he knows you'll be there".

I smile, "lovely he has such faith in me" and turn back to the mirror, studying my dress to make sure I look ok. It's not a traditional one, it's a two piece that consists of a cropped top that's the main feature of it and the bottom dress part with a little bit of a train.

They're becoming more popular and seeing as I wanted something different, this was it

They're becoming more popular and seeing as I wanted something different, this was it. It's not stuffy or over the top. It's relaxed, which is what we wanted our wedding to be like. 
Both of us have been on edge though with the news that Covid is spreading. It's not looking good and we did wonder whether the wedding would actually go ahead, but as nothing has been decided we're lucky to still have it.

The wedding planner for the venue now comes in and tells me that we're almost ready. "I'll see you down there". Lisa winks and leaves me to finish the last minute touch ups with my hair and make up artist.

"All good to go" She smiles, touching up my lipstick and nodding. 

I exhale to calm the ever rising nerves and take my bouquet. 

This is it...

I follow the wedding planner down from my room and make my way outside. I can hear the chatter from everyone and as I peek around the corner I can see Chris and Scott standing at the end of the aisle with Dodger, who's flopped down, wearing a bib in the form of a tuxedo. I can imagine how pissed off he probably was when Chris put it on him this morning. 

"I'll let them know we're ready and then I'll come back". She tells me and goes to let the officiant know. I can hear everyone then fall silent and the planner returns, telling me that I can now begin the walk. 

My nerves disappear the moment I round the corner and see Chris waiting for me. 

** 

"Congrats Dorito!" Downey comes over with Susan during reception drinks and gives Chris a man hug, then kissing me on the cheek. Scarlett also appears to congratulate us. 

"You look incredible". She grins and hugs me. "What is it Chris says? Best ass in the whole of Boston?" 

"Wearing a dress like that? Just shows that it is". Chris smirks and hugs her warmly. "Thanks for coming Scar" 

"Wouldn't have missed it, see you in there" She tells us and then goes to join Sebastian and Mackie who are talking to Lisa. 

The Photographer wants more photographs so Scott is now rounding up who we need with the help of Britt, while everyone else goes to the barn where the reception is being held. 

"You happy Mrs Evans? Oh I'm never gonna get bored of calling you that". Chris murmurs to me as we have some more pictures done with just the two of us. 

I look up and him and give him a small peck on the lips. 

"You bet I am, Mr Evans"