Moving Forward

To say things have been fast paced is an understatement. Within a week of opening the new office we have enquiry after enquiry. Rentals, people wanting to buy, people wanting to sell.

It's been mad.

I haven't seen Chris for a month or so, but I know he's taking some quality time off before he goes back to filming again. Now that Avengers is officially wrapped and will be coming out next year he's moving onto new projects.

"So how's the whole friend thing going?" Lex asks when she calls one afternoon. "You decided to be that with benefits yet?"

"What? No!" I reply a little outraged. "Look, it's better for us to be that".

"Yet you still love and care for one another?"

"Pretty much..."

"Yeah that's fucked up" she laughs.

I roll my eyes, "he's still dating her, did you forget that?"

"How the fuck can you even handle that?"

I laugh lightly. "With dignity, anyway I haven't seen her since I caught them, but I know they're still together". I've seen the pictures in the magazines, I don't need to ask Chris to know what the relationship status is.

Lex sighs, "it sucks that you're over there having to just sit and watch it".

"Hey, I chose to remember? If I couldn't hack it then I'd have come straight back to LA".

"You're stronger than I'd be. Ang says that she would've buried them both by now if it was her".

"That's not me. I know you guys think I'm mad and yes I probably am, but you know what they say about karma".

Lex snorts, "for who? Jenny or Chris?"

"We'll go with the bitch for now and see where we end up, she knew he was dating me".

"Yeah, so did he but that didn't stop him".

I let out a rather dramatic sigh. "It's not like I'm seeing him on a regular basis anyway. I haven't spoken to him since we met up, work's been my main priority. Plus, you never know? I could meet someone else eventually."

"Ooooooh you getting back in the dating game?"

"Not just yet, but never say never". I laugh, "anyway I've gotta go, need to sort an open house for next week".

"When are you going to come back to LA and see us?"

"When I get time, love you".

"Love ya too!" She trills and rings off.

I sit back and sigh, glancing around my office. Have I done the wrong thing? Part of me wonders if I have, but another says that I haven't.

Perhaps I should get back into dating.

I wouldn't know where the hell to start.

Back in LA the girls and I would go out for nights to clubs or bars, but here? I have no friends. The girls who work for me are cool but who really wants to go out with their manager for a night on the town?

I feel rather alone.

**

Thank god it's Friday.

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind, and now as I sit in one of the many bars that the city has to offer, I feel like a complete loner.

If the girls were here then they'd be making me drink the entire cocktail list to 'drown my sorrows' and would be offering me up to any guy who they thought was hot and single.