Breakfast Date

I smooth out my sundress and quickly check my make up before I get out of my car and make for the house, pushing the buzzer on the gate to let Chris know I'm here.

"Hello! I'll just let you in!" Britt's cheery voice comes through the speaker and I wonder whether she'll be joining us or slipping out unnoticed. Probably the second if she's been told about the whole Scott thing, which she surely has.

I push the gate open and close it, hearing it lock behind me. Britt's at the door before grinning at me. "I don't worry, I'm not gatecrashing, just on my way out to grab a few bits for Chris before we head off on Monday".

"Have fun". I smirk

"You too, he's been up early doing all this..." she tells me quietly and I frown.

"What? Making pancakes?"

Britt winks. "You'll see, have a nice morning, although you'll probably still be here by the time I get back. I promise I won't do a Scott."

I groan, "He told you then..."

"Scott did, not Chris if that's who you mean". She brushes it off like it's no big deal, and I begin to wonder whether she's walked in on anyone with her boss, as well as how many girls he may have introduced her to.

Stop getting ahead of yourself Fleur, enjoy the fact that Chris is making you breakfast - There goes my mind again.

"Don't worry, I'm discreet". She winks, "It's nice to see him upbeat, sometimes filming and travelling can take its toll on him".

"I suppose he has a lot of preparation beforehand too?"

I mean, he plays Captain America, so he needs to stay in the best physical shape possible for that. I know the other evening I couldn't stop looking at his damn biceps.

Britt now nods and looks at the time. "Gotta run, see you later!" she calls and heads to the garage while I walk into the house, tactfully taking out the new squeaky toy I've brought for Dodger and squeezing it.

There's the rapid sound of paws on the tiles and Dodger flies round the corner to me, jumping up and barking with excitement. "Go on, take it - but I did bring you some treats as well". I tell him as he gnaws at the toy, shaking his head from side to side to make it squeak more.

"Looks like your girlfriend's here bubba". Chris now appears with a smile and grins at me. "Good morning".

"Good morning". I say and then hold up the iced coffee's that I had grabbed on my way here. "I didn't wanna arrive empty handed - Britt just told me you've been slaving away".

Chris gives me a kiss on the cheek and takes the coffee from me. Dodger happily taking his toy into the kitchen while we follow him. "Yeah well I wanted to make it special - to make up for the other night".

I walk in and see that he's moved the dining table to where the doors are slid  open, looking out onto the garden and view. Rose petals are scattered on the table and also upon it is a platter of fruit, pancakes and a pitcher or juice as well as some coffee.

"Did you do all this?" I look at him surprised.

He nods and surveys his achievement. "Took me a couple of hours but yeah".

I can't stop smiling and feel the heat rise in my cheeks, suddenly feeling rather shy. "This is so sweet, no one's ever done anything like this for me before".

We sit down and I give Dodger his treat to enjoy before we eat. Chris's pancakes do taste as good as they look and this has to be the nicest Saturday that I've had in a while. "Are you making smiley faces with your fruit!" He laughs as I hold up the plate and show him my artistic design on the pancake in question.

"It's not Picasso but it's close".

"Pancasso" He smirks, and then we both look at one another and end up laughing together over it. He's just as goofy as I can be when I'm not being a professional at work. I feel this is a side of me he's not yet seen, but is beginning to.

I pop a blueberry into my mouth. "What time do you leave Monday?"

"3am wake up call". He winces

"Yikes! Gotta love your job".

He shrugs. "Kinda just like a hobby in my eyes".

"One that pays well" I point out.

"True" He says and looks at me, "What got you into luxury real estate? Because lets face it, it's not normal real estate is it?"

I nod in agreement, "It's certainly not, and I don't know - I guess I just wanted something a little more challenging. I was lucky to even get the position, a lot of people went for it". Keller Group is quite picky with their agents and rightfully so. You're dealing with clients who have money and you want to give them the best experience possible.

Chris looks at me and smiles. "Just goes to show how good you are...special..."

I hide my ever burning cheeks by sipping my coffee. "I must be to have gained the honour of a 'Pancasso' breakfast by you". I chuckle.

"Oh, we're sticking with calling it Pancasso?" He now laughs along with me while I nod.

"I think we're gonna have to, although next time it's my turn".

Part of me wonders whether there will be a next time or if he's made any other girl something like this? He dated Jessica Biel for years and I certainly don't compare to her, or any other high profiler that he's been spotted with.

I'm normal, perhaps a little boring in comparison.

"You ok?" He asks now seeing my expression.

"Yeah, just thinking..." I tell him.

He looks quizzically at me, "about?"

"Just how nice this is, no guy I've dated before made an effort to make me feel special". I've spent the last couple of years on failed dates, either from who I've matched with online or by being set up by friends.

"Not one?"

I shake my head, "nope, some of them only wanted one thing, others just weren't a match, so I've just enjoyed being single". Now I laugh to myself, "geez I really shouldn't be talking about this, I'm sorry".

"It's fine, you're honest - I like that".

"Aren't people always with you?"

"It's hard to trust people, as you can probably imagine. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've had my fair share of girls, but I guess none of them ever felt right - the connection that is. You don't know who wants you for you or who wants you because of who you are".

I purse my lips and then take another sip of iced caffeine goodness. "And what do you think of me?" I dare to ask.

He leans across the table and takes my hand. "I think you already know what I think of you Fleur". Then pressing a gentle kiss to my knuckles.

I want to melt into a giant puddle there and then.

Still with a hold of my hand he gets up and so do I, coming together at the end of the table and he pulls me into him, pressing a long and hard kiss on my lips while he takes my face in his hands.

"I'll be gone a few weeks, but if you're able to get away for a few days to come and see me on set I can make it happen". He tells me as he pulls away.

"I'll check my diary as soon as I get home". I promise.

I'm pretty sure I have some holiday to take so I know that Marcus will probably grant it if I don't have too many showings for the week on question that Chris is now suggesting.

I have nothing in my phone for it but promise to check my physical diary just to be sure I have nothing. It's a few weeks ahead so I want to get this in as quickly as I can.

I am just not prepared for what is yet to come and how quickly news gets out in the showbiz world.