Girl At Home

Chris and I head to visit his potential new home a few days later, meeting the agent outside. The driveway is nice and long, the road a private one.

The house itself is beautiful, larger and what he's looking for.

Somewhere to settle...

The agent goes through a few things as we walk inside and look around, she uses some simpler terms so that I can 'Understand' it all.

Great, she clearly doesn't realise that I do this shit for a living as well, and at a far better rate of pay. So far she's not doing a great job in securing her commission. Not when she's treating me like a clueless LA girlfriend.

"If that was me, I'd have staged this room a little different". I say as I walk into the living room.

The agent looks a little surprised but now laughs it off, "you dress homes?"

"No, I sell them" I tell her.

She blinks at me and then nervously backtracks, "well then you'll know this house is certainly worth it's asking price!"

I nod in agreement, "for what you get it's money we'll spent, any onward chain?"

"None, the owners are eager to sell as quickly as possible". The agent replies, studying her notes on her clipboard again. "So what agency are you with?" She now asks.

"Keller Group" I answer as I look around, noting whether there are any red flags that stand out.

"Oh, you're the guys who deal with the high flyers".

"Pretty much, there's always business, celebrity or not". I tell her, seeing Chris now having a look around the garden.

The agent nods, "so will you be taking a new job here?"

I shake my head, "I'm staying in LA a little longer, just because work needs me to, but who knows? I may decide to take a job here".

"It's a great area, great town. Beautiful, I'm lucky to even get something like this on my books". She says, showing me through the dining room. "If ever you're looking to make the move then let us know".

Potential new job. I suppose I can't turn that down really.

"Thanks". I smile, "I'll be sure to give you a call".

"Take my card". She says pulling it from her jacket pocket and passing it to me, "plus if you want to go ahead with the sale then you're gonna need it".

Chris comes back in and nods to the agent, "great garden, plenty of room for Dodger to tear around, you seen it yet Fleur?" He asks, sliding his arm around my waist.

"I'm gonna go take a look now". I tell him and head outside to check it out.

He follows, coming to stand next to me, hands casually in his jean pockets. 

I note how relaxed he is compared to being in LA. This is home to him, he's content, less anxious in himself and here he won't have anyone really chasing him with a camera and whatnot. The move will be good for him.  "You've fallen in love with it, I can tell". I smile and give him a light kiss on the cheek. 

"Yeah, but I'd love it even more if I knew that you'd be here with me". He throws me a sideways glance. 

"Chris..." I begin. 

"Fleur" He stops me, "I know, and I know that you want to do your own thing..." 

I nod. "We can still make it work. Adrienne is still accommodating. It means I could spend long weekends here with you and then fly back to LA  for the rest of the week". 

"Still a long time Irving. I may keel over and die during that time. You'll find me half eaten by Dodger because he's gone mad from loneliness" He pouts playfully. "You really wanna disappoint Dodge?" 

"Don't use Dodger as emotional blackmail, Evans" I warn him with a smirk. 

He laughs and kisses my hair, giving in. "Well, I suppose a long weekend will have to do, but I'd rather have you for the whole week". 

"I will still think about it, right now though with work as it is, I couldn't leave them hanging". I tell him. 

"I know". He says and wraps his arms around me from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder. "That's why I love you, because you're not like the others". Burying his face into my neck, I close my eyes as his lips brush against my skin. "Y'know if that estate agent wasn't lurking then I'd be telling you to strip and get in that damn pool". 

I giggle, "Naughty boy, plenty of time for that once you buy the place, because I can already tell your mind is made up". 

"Pretty much".

I lean my head against his. "So do it". 

I know we don't want to hold one another back, so for now we will have to make the best of it until the time is right for me to join him.