eight

Hyunjin leaned inside the locker, scribbeling words onto the paper.

"To my darling, we do know each other. I know you as the boy you are now, but I remember that gummy smile with a crooked teeth when you introduced yourself to me much earlier in our history. Your amazing secret admirer. PS: I wished you would smile that happily to me again."

He heared more and more students flooding the hallway. So the note landed on top of the books, unfolded, with a small piece of candy besides it. The candy that he saw the boy chewing on every chance he got. 

Hyunjin took his bag. His heart was beating out of his chest as he ran down the corridor. Not a second too late, because the rightful owner of the locker approched it a minute later.

"No I won't let you see Changbin, get someone for yourself." Jisung pressed the paper to his tummy, glaring at his friend.

They made their way to their first period, free class. And Jisung was blasting music into his eardrums to ignore the teasing of Changbin. He was smiling as he entered the room and made for his seat. Heslumped down, folded his jacket into a pillow and put his headphone on again.The beats lulled him to sleep quickly. 

Dreaming wasn't something to be afraid of. Normally.

But Jisung woke up, straightend up immediately and glanced around the room with wide eyes. This whole letter thing has gotten to his head. There was no other explanation to his dreams about kissing a faceless boy than that. 

Why... why did he feel scared? There was nothing scary about being desired. But Jisung still felt like a jack ass, like he never deserved any of the words and thoughts the stranger pourded into this. But he knew for sure when his "gummy smile" included a hella crooked front teeth. Middleschool.

He tapped Changbin on the shoulder. "Are you free today?" The other lifted his head from his hand where it had been resting for a while. "Yeah sure, why?"

"We'll have to dig through some middleschool pictures."