nine

"To my darling, There have been plenty of guys come and go from my life. Some of them have been absolute saints, others have been my worst nightmare, but you've remained constant. Not as a friend, hell not even as someone I could call an acquaintance. But you were in sight, yk you were there. I guess that's why I couldn't leave my heart from coming back to you after every try to esape the feelings I have. My mind did escape it, as well as my person as you know me now. That's what I like to believe at least. Your amazing secret admirer."

Jisung sat on the carpet in his room while Changbin besieged the bed. "I found another one!" His friend turned a photo in his direction. "Tom Gim, he took the same class as you for a year." Jisung took the photo in his hand.

 "He's going to our math class now," Changbin continued.

 "I didn't have much to do with him, though..." The picture landed in the discard pile that was constantly growing. 

Changbin groaned and turned back to the pictures scattered around him. He rubbed hias face. "From the sound of this guy, you two must have known each other pretty well." 

Jisung nodded and turned to his own not-yet-viewed pictures. "And either we've grown apart and I don't see him, or I treat him like a piece of shit." He dropped a photo from his hand onto the discarded pile. 

"Which I'm guessing is the first one," Changbin said. 

Since they had come out of school and retrieved the boxes of pictures from the attic, they had been busy looking for the most suspicious people possible. But so far it was a dead end.

 "Look..." Jisung muttered. He moved a little closer to the bed so Changbin could look over his shoulder. "A class photo?" Jisung pointed at a boy in the picture. "That's me." His pot-cut hairstyle and that damn crooked tooth had been more than just trademarks, but also the running gag among everyone at school. Which wasn't a big deal, since everyone wore the same ugly hairstyle. 

"Here i am!" Changbin tapped the picture with his finger. "We really hated each other back then, didn't we?" The two of them had to laugh. 

"Sometimes people change," Changbin lapsed into one of his famous moral sermons, "But sometimes you just realize that the prejudice and unnecessary hate you put on someone was wrong. Behind every facade is a complex thought." 

Jisung punched him in the arm. "Don't talk like that until you like gossiping as much as I do. You nun." 

Changbin rolled his eyes with a laugh. "Asshole." 

 There were more little boys in the photo. "Lee Minho and Hwang," Jisung read from the small text in the corner of the photo. Changbin seemed to have a flash of inspiration. 

"Minho!" He almost beamed as if he had won the Nobel Peace Prize for his dumb speeches. "He fits the picture!" He snatched the photo. "I mean you guys were great friends, you don't talk to each other anymore and.... he seems like the kind of guy who would write something like this."

 Jisung tilted his head. "You think so?"

Changbin left late at night. He left Jisung alone in his disaster (and the mess they made, but he told himself he'll clean it up tomorrow). The note of today was heavy in his hand, as he read through it over and over again. He didn't pretend to analyze the handwriting or anything. He just read it and let himself fall into a daydream that allowed him to gently fall into the hand of sleep.

A boyfriend, doing all that cutesy shit together... kissing and holding each other. That thought brought a small smile to his lips. Call him stupid, but Jisung was in love with the idea of love.

If he wanted to, he could probably fall for anyone's image. But that wouldn't only be hurtful for himself, when his little fairytale would fall apart, but (of course) the other person as well.

But Jisung ignored that as he came up with all these scenarios with the picture-perfect boyfriend.