twenty two

"I'll report them for forcing me to ruin my back here," Jisung mumbled to himself, looking at the sad excuse of an (absolutely not) healthy and balanced breakfast. 

"Well, me and Chan had a blast the night," Changbin muffled between two bites.

 "And kept the whole tent awake in the process," Jeongin added. "Take a fucking hint old people." J

isung nodded. He couldn't avoid telling his friends that he was sleeping somewhere else, but he would rather die than tell them he was sharing his tent with Hyunjin. Speaking of that Hyunjin and his friends went and occupied another table. Minho came and safe the morning like he tends to do these days. 

Jisung furrowed his eyebrows and took the first bite of his dry Nutella sandwich. His head was spinning. He was dehydrated for sure. The fact that the line in the middle of their shared space was non-existent by the time he woke up was irrelevant. As well as the dreadful three seconds Jisung froze and stared at the sleeping Hyunjin next to him. "Yeah whatever, stop thinking about it," Jisung said. 

"That's what I am saying," Changbin agreed. His friend just sighed in response. This camp sucks.

--

 Let's start this week off easy, they said. Let's just have fun, they said. 

The sun was burning in all its mid-day pride.

 "THIS IS IT BITCHES!" 

Jisung was burning up. "I hate my life..." he sighed and closed his eyes. War surrounded Jisung. The big swan floaties seemed like his only, very powerless rock in his life right now. And he was clinging on for dear life. 

Boys were splashing around, hitting each other with pool noodles. "I AM GOING TO GET YOU!!!" He heard someone scream before the swan flipped.

 Jisung swallowed a mouthful of lake water. Instant goosebumps crawled over his skin. For a second he just let himself float down. His skin contrasted with the cold water. For a moment this seemed more peaceful than whatever was happening above him. Opening his eyes underwater, he watched feet paddle and could make out some people by the color of their swim shorts. 

Then he was reminded he needed oxygen. A white spot formed in his vision. Jisung panicked. Something slimy touched his stomach. Oh hell Nah. 

He kicked his legs, as a cough crawled up his throat. He broke the water surface gasping for air.

 "What the fuck dude?!" That was without mistake Chan. Loud shouts of agreement followed his statement.

 "I... I can't-" Jisung held his chest with one hand the coughs starting to hurt his lungs without being satisfactory in any way. He felt someone reach under his arm. "Ji, oh my god." They helped him paddle to the shore. 

When the water began to get shallower, Jisung crawled on all fours ultimately throwing himself on his back into the sand. "Thanks Minho," he breathed. Jisung moved his fringe out of the way, glancing at his friend. Huge mistake because he was standing right in the sun, blinding Jisung in the process. 

"Stay here and don't move too much, I have some ass to whoop." That's all Minho said before running into the water again. Jisung craned his head back. His hair would be full of sand by the time he had to shower. Who cares?

 His chest raised and fell way too fast for his liking. Everything around him sounded blurry from the water filling his ears. 

"Funny how he doesn't even know how to swim." Of course, life had to attack him when he was the most vulnerable. "He reminds me of a clumsy cat sometimes," Hyunjin said. 

Jisung moved his hand to see the lanky blond sit next to him. Hyunjin was wearing a loose t-shirt, sunnies, and the hat of the fairy teacher. "He has claws though." 

Jisung chuckled as he heard multiple boys begging for mercy. Hyunjin hummed. It was awkward between them, like always. But this time, Jisung blamed it for his near-death experience, it didn't feel like hell sitting next to him. "Did you see who attacked me?"

 "It must've been one of the boys from the other school."

"Other school?"

 "Yeah, they're having some kind of school trip for today. One of them walked past me trying to say some shit." 

"Of course, no one likes their school, they have to boost their ego somehow, right?" They both shared a small smile. Sounding off while watching their friends destroy them in a not-so-fair chicken fight.