twenty nine

Everyone gathered around Katie. Katie was wearing a weird construction of straps and carabiners. She was standing on a tiny plateau, explaining how to hook yourself to the metal line on top of their head; the one that was supposed to protect them from falling when they were doing parkours between trees higher than Jisung's expectations for his life.

One after one they had to go through the practice parkour, merely a meter above the ground, with the rest of the kids watching you fumble with all the straps and shit. Jisung loved the feeling of standing in the ring of a circus, trying to look as nonchalant as possible while switching his carabiners to go down a sad excuse of a zipline (and failing in the process). 

At least everyone else looked about as awkward as he did. Except for the few mad men who did this kind of stuff before... for fun. 

"Split up into groups of 3, you can't be on one plateau with more than those three people. Only one person actively doing the parkour and there will be Staff walking around in case you need help." 

--

"Like they're going to be able to help us when we're stuck there..." Jisung mumbled, looking up a rope that you had to climb to get to one of the hardest paths of the whole thing. In other words, nothing he was ever going to attempt.

 Instead, he dragged his feet back to the easy ones, closest to the main area. Jisung could at least talk to Jeongin and Minho while waiting in line, as they were sitting around with the teachers who weren't going to climb either. 

Looking around there was nothing but those little groups of three. Jisung's stomach clenched a little at that. He furrowed his eyebrows. What was this feeling? 

But he had no time to overthink as the huge group, led by Changbin and Chan, came in line behind him. Jisung sighed in defeat. They were his only help now. Guess he was going to risk his life today. 

So yes, Jisung trotted after the roaring group of boys. He waited for each of them to climb up the first tree before he even attempted to take the steps, yes steps, that lead to the obstacle path they had to take. 

That ended quite okay. He actually made conversations with one of them while waiting for the dude to finish balancing his ass over to the next "checkpoint". And Jisung and he stuck together for most parts of the time spent in the forest. T

hey came to the realization that you didn't actually have to swing from thing to thing and hold on with all your might... instead, you could just let the carabiner do the work and push from one obstacle to another without much strength use. 

Jisung didn't know his name. He forgot to ask in the heat of the little moment he was having. Because whatever the group was doing, the ash-blond male pulled Jisung in the middle of the event, giving him a chance to talk. And his chest swale with every little comment he made and seemed to make the group laugh. He accepted the fact that he wanted the validation of other dudes to feel better about himself. 

On the ride back to camp he sat next to ash (that's what he named him for now). Hearing them talk so loud and proud, some even flexing their muscles and all that, you knew they were trying to impress girls. 

Now that Jisung thought about it. Being a straight boy craving the attention (even if it was just an eye roll and an amused chuckle) of a girl and his (and his gay self) want for validation of boys arose from the same nature. 

Not the outcome he expected from the climbing park, but definitely something to think about now. 

(okay so my updating plans are kinda messed up now thanks to the holidays, but i am almost finished writing everything. only thing now is the editing process.)