seventeen

It took about a week for the thing to make its rounds through their school. But no one dared to actually speak up and ask about it. So each class that "that blond motherfucker" (as this was the only way Jisung allowed to refer to Hyunjin) and he shared, they could feel their eyes on them.

Jisung with his leftover social anxiety from middle school would've liked to sink into the ground and never come back up. Though the stares he got weren't even close to the rumors about what Hyunjin did to him.

And the eyes on Hyunjin weren't just curious glances. No, most kids formed an opinion without having any business in all of this. But he was far from doing something about it. So was Jisung.

To end this, or in hopes to ease the murderous air around him, Minho decided to take the matter into his hands. He was walking down the hall, scanning over the crowd around him. He quickened his steps when he found the person he was looking for. "Come with me for a second..." He pulled the boy to the empty music room and closed the door behind him.

"Minho?" Changbin leaned against one of the desks. "What's up?"

Minho sighed deeply. "I can't with them anymore." He looked through the room for a second before continuing. "I just want to know what Jisung told you... about that."

There were a few guitars close to falling off their stand; trumpets collecting dust on a shelf and the teacher's desk that had been untouched since their only music teacher left the school.

"That Hyunjin he forced himself onto him even though he obviously didn't want to." Changbin combed through his hair with his fingers. The room was cold. "He mentioned something about him being obnoxious too."

There was a possibility that their breaths formed little white clouds. Why was no one heating this room, god damn it.

Minho murmured. "That's... partly true." He strolled through the room. His feet wouldn't stand still.

"Hyunjin did confess beforehand. He was crying about him, he did and does that very frequently, about Jisung the night prior."

There was no pen to write on the board left. Not even a rag to clean it.

"And I think Jisung was just mad that it was Hyunjin... he ruined some kind of fantasy for him." Then he faced Changbin again. "You see, Hyunjin wasn't right to do this. But I swear that what Jisung is telling you... it's just too much alright? Hyunjin, if you trust his 3AM breakdowns, doesn't know why he hates him so much. They were befriended for the longest time. I mean you saw them too in middle school didn't you?"

Changbin hummed.

"Just please don't hate him. The rumors make damage... he doesn't deserve that. Just because he's unlucky in love and a bit hasty."

Changbin nodded. "Okay." Then after biting his lip he added, "Do you think the two will get used to each other again?"

Minho halted for a second. "They way they were before?"

"The way they were in middle school."

He shook his head. "This will either end in absolute enemies till death or," he started walking out. "Something like lovers. I say this because I'm Hyunjin's friend."

"But in the end, it would be best if that doesn't happen." Changbin followed and closed the door.

Even the hallway was warmer than the classroom. They parted and walked to their separate classes, just in time as the bell reminded them that the lessons were starting now.

--

The group, Changbin, Jisung, and Jeongin, were sending memes in their group chat whilst sitting in different classrooms.

what kind of fuckery is this

Maknae not on topRemember last Halloween? Peter Pan Changbin supremacy!?😻

Maknae not on top
Remember last Halloween? Peter Pan Changbin supremacy!?😻

Shrek's lover
He lowkey looked like a buff fairy

Walking steroids
You know that Peter Pan is a fairy?

Maknae not on top
He isn't?? 😃

Shrek's lover
The internet says: Peter Pan is a fictional character created by Scottish novelist and playwright J. M. Barrie. A free-spirited and mischievous young boy who can fly and never grows up

Changbin truly never GROWS, ha.

Walking steroids
You're an inch taller than me bitch🥰

Shrek's lover
An inch is an inch

Maknae not on top
That's what she said

Shrek's lover
We're all fruity in here, wtf Jeongin?

- -

Jisung chuckled and turned off his cell phone. Or at least tried to, when suddenly a shrill sound rang through the room and he dropped his phone in horror.

Whilst the rest of his classmates were laughing or eyeing the teacher, who looked like she was ready to give Jisung detention for ages, the voice of the principal announced. "All graduating seniors, please assemble in the auditorium during the next half hour."

--

After half an hour and lots and lots of cheering from the seniors later, they sat in the auditorium and watched the Principal. "He looks a bit too cheery for this weather doesn't he?" Jeongin whispered. The other two agreed.

"Dear Students."

"Oh nooo, he's going to hold a speech." Jisung didn't intend to say it this loud. In fact, he had whined so loudly that everyone turned quiet for a second and turned to him. Including the old man in the front.

"I'll make it quick, Mr. Han," the principal joked. Giggles floated through the rows of kids. The boy folded as small as he could, hiding his read head between his knees. Why does this always happen to him?

"So I wanted to remind you that the traditional. two week camping trip for you seniors can finally take place again. I know It took two years to renovate the camping site, but you have the honor to be the first class to visit it again."

They exchanged looks. No one, really no one, expected that stupid camping site to be renovated. And they had hoped for it. The camping week was said to be the most terrible thing ever.

"There will be an E-Mail for your parents in order to give you some time to prepare, but keep in mind that you will going there three weeks from now on."

They had three weeks left? Just three weeks?

"I hate that camp..."

"I'll set myself in concrete rather than setting a single foot in that camp..." Jisung mumbled.