thirteen

Jisung was oddly aggressive on Friday. Maybe because he sat his left foot as he stepped out of bed, instead of the usual right one. Doesn't matter. He stomped into school, heavy music blasting his pounding against his eardrums, and wanted to murder. 

As he walked to his locker, he saw Hyunjin walking by. "Hi," the boy said.

 Why would he do that? They hated each other. And if I tell you Jisung was way too close to pick a stupid fistfight, just for the fun of it... it's the truth. So while he was opening his locker, he stared at Hyunjin with his eyebrows knitted together. 

Jisung felt absolutely provoked by the way Hyunjin stopped mid- walking and froze on his spot. And most of all, Jisung wanted to spit insults into his face, because why the fuck was he staring back with that look on his face? 

"Piss of Hwang," he growled and slammed his locker close. 

Hyunjin stood there until he was gone; his eyes never left him though. His face was painted with pure confusion. And yet again his heart broke a little knowing what he was thinking about him. 

Somewhere on the way to break, Jisung's mood brightened. "Yo Changbin, Minho!" He jogged up to the two of them sitting at the lunch table. As he sat down, Jeongin joined as well. 

"Do we want to talk about this, or should we just pretend that it's food?" Minho, sitting to his left, joked. He was pointing at the goo of canteen food they were paying for. His eyes met the ones of Jisung for a second before he looked at Jeongin. 

 "It's so obvious that it's dog food that my mind is starting to think that it's normal food again," Jeongin said, staring at said food. 

"Reverse psychology , I like that." Jisung pulled a face as he shoved the spoon in his mouth and chewed for two seconds. He shivered. 

His knee brushed the one from Minho. Neither pulled away. Jisung glanced at him, only to find him looking at him already. They looked away again. 

--

 "To my Darling, You can't force feelings. I know that. I just wish you acknowledged them at the very least. It's not like I ever expect you to feel the same way, and I was content with loving you in secret. But I don't think I ever intended for you to find out. It feels like you did. There's no other explanation for your actions. Should I be scared? Your amazing secret admirer." 

Changbin was coming over again. It became a routine. And Jisung started to believe that his friend was more excited about this than he was himself. 

"I. am. telling. you," Changbin said, clapping in between each word to give them more force than his loud voice did already. "It's him. Literally. And you know what else?" He stuffed a fork-full of ramen into his mouth.

 It was 3AM. An ordinary Friday night. Jisung shook his head, slurping his noodles up. 

"You should ask him... ask him out while you're at it. The tension is unbearable." 

The noodles were coughed back up. "Are you crazy??" 

Changbin rolled his eyes. "You know damn well that this is the last opportunity your single ass would get to have someone. It's not normal for someone to be this obsessed with you. There's literally no reason for it," he waved his hand around, "Minho's in love with the way you breathe dude." 

Jisung ate more, rather than replying. But then... "So what if, hypothetical, I would ask Minho because I, hypothetically, wouldn't be mad if it was him... what would I say?" 

3AM became 5AM faster than they could say "note". 

Jisung kicked Changbin. He always took up the whole bed when he slept over. Jisung turned over once more, pressing his face into his pillow. 

The mere thought of what they planned for Monday was driving him crazy. He smiled into the pillow as his heart did a little flip.