sixteen

"To my Darling, I am-"

Jisung didn't read the rest. It was foolish going to school the next day.

He slammed his locker close. The pain tingled in the palm of his hand as he tramped through the hallway.

"Dude wait!" Changbin screamed.

"Where are you going??" Jeongin followed.

"What happened?" He could hear their footsteps trying to catch up with him.

Where's this bastard? His steps flew across the dirty tiled floor. Then he saw him. That blond boy. That son of a bitch.

"Hwang!" His voice boomed across the whole room. Hyunjin raised his head. Like a dear in headlights, he saw Jisung approach. "I am going to die," he whispered to Chan and Minho who were walking beside him seconds ago.

Jisung stared at the couple for a second. His feelings were a joke, weren't they? He was fucking blind not to realize. Then he turned to Hyunjin.

"You what? You're sorry?" Jisung's hand made harsh contact with his chest. The note scrambled in his hand. "Where do you find the audacity to even-" He couldn't find the words. Blind anger stopped his brain from forming sentences. Jisung stuttered every profanity that his brain could come up with; spit them right into his face.

Hyunjin wiped his hand along his cheek. Either to wipe away the spit (as Jisung was too caught up in his rage to realize), or to hide the tears. He shrunk together, the longer Jisung screamed.

Jisung took his hand back. Hyunjin tried to speak, but he didn't let him. "Now I swear to god." Both of his hands clutched the paper now. "If I ever, and I mean ever," he ripped it apart once. "See a note in my locker again." He ripped the halves again. "I'll make you regret it." And again.

Their eyes met. Jisung chuckled. "What was I thinking, that you would actually accept a simple no?" Whatever was left of the note, was now ripped again. "Wait." A smile stretched across his lips, slowly. "You didn't understand the no yesterday, did you?" Hyunjin watched as the little pieces floated to the floor.

Their friends stood there in silence. Minho and Chan helped him pick up the bits of paper.

Jisung turned on his heel and walked away. He took a hold of Changbin and Jeongin and dragged them behind him. Attending class was never an option as Jisung led them to the rooftop.

"I won't lie, I am hella confused," Jeongin said, once the door closed behind them. "Yeah, you got some explaining to do!" Changbin and he exchanged looks as Jisung threw his backpack to the ground and started pacing to and fro.

And then, out of nowhere, everything burst out of him. "You're to blame!" He looked at Changbin. "You made me belive it was Minho all along. My dumbass actually pictured it happening. Imagine if I would've become a homewrecker. You would be dead!!"

It was cold here. The wind was blowing without stop; goosebumps covered the three boys. Regardless, Jisung turned back to stomp back and forth. "How could you do that to me??"

"Dude as if I knew about it. I understand nothing." Changbin answered in the same volume that Jisung had been talking to him and crossed his arms.

"Chan and Minho are dating," Jisung said, without stopping his movements. "And that blond motherfucker was the one sending the notes."

"You're fucking with me, right?" Jeongin wanted to know, leaning against the grid. "I wish I was!" Jisung said, kicking a pebble out of his way.

And then Jisung told them about yesterday; how Hyunjin forced himself onto him even though he obviously didn't want to. But he left out most of the parts before and after, like the slapping or more importantly the long and melancholic confession of the heartbroken Hyunjin.