twenty

He tripped over his feet and stumbled further into the tent. Jisung stood in the middle of something that could come straight from some kind of fucked up science fiction movie. Rows and rows of camping beds, where one after the other the boys of his senior class found a place to sleep. 

He looked down to the beds the closest to him. They weren't separated by more than two inches. He knew he would be able to hear the person next to him breathing, snoring, possibly farting up close to him. 

A shiver ran down his spine. The air was stuffy. People were loud. The tent seemed to shrink down the second he looked up. "Nope, Nope, Nope." 

His heartbeat picked up. Jisung took a few steps backward. He turned on his heel and shoved the boys aside who were trying to enter. He kept shaking his head and muttering nope under his breath. 

He left to search for a teacher. Fortuna did him a favor. Miss Sutton, the gentlest creature you could find. Jisung tried to fight his bad conscience as he approached her. This was for his own good, she'll understand. "Miss?" Jisung called. 

The petite femme, in her floral dress, turned to smile at him. "The bathrooms are in the bathing house," she said. Jisung came closer, till she was the only one who could hear him talk. "No... um. I have a small problem."

 Her smile turned into a concerned motherly mimic. "Oh no, what is it Jisung?" 

The boy looked down at his dirty converse. "I don't think I can sleep in the big tent." He then turned to look at her with the biggest puppy eyes he could. "So many people in one place make me anxious." That wasn't even a lie. 

"Oh, dear..." Miss Sutton tapped her straw hat and got on her tiptoes to look around. "No problem... I think I can help you with that. Stay here for a second, I'll find another teacher." With that she disappeared, taking small and fast steps. 

Jisung followed her with her eyes. In this environment, she resembled a fairy. Now that he thought about it she looked like Tinkerbell, just without the wings. She was a kind soul. 

His eyes drifted back to the lake. Green water reflects the sun on its way, crawling up the sky.

--

 Jisung couldn't be happier. The fairy-like teacher had secretly led him behind the big tents. And here they were. A handful of normal tents. "I can't thank you enough, really!" Jisung expressed with an overly bright smile. He knew his gums must've been shown. Before he could start getting overwhelmed with his insecurities, the teacher patted his shoulder and excused herself back where she came from.

Jisung took a deep breath in, forgot about the thought he had mere seconds ago, and headed to a blue tent. Crawling into the small space, he let his bag drop from his shoulder and sat beside it.

 Nostalgia hit him. Back when he was younger, he and his troupe of friends (most of them from his neighborhood) had spent the summers in just one tent. They had spent what felt like days at the river, frolicking in the water. He remembered how there was always way too much sand on the ground and in his sleeping bag. 

Jisung looked up through the net sewed into the blue ceiling. Should he feel bad that they lost contact? Some when not all parts were his fault, weren't they? 

Loud laughter erupted near the white tents. A deep sigh escaped his lips. "What are they doing?" But instead of the open entrance, he faced Hyunjin.

 A shock frozen Hyunjin. One foot in the tent. 

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Jisung fell backward from how hard he flinched.

 He scrambled back to sit straight. "Don't even-" He held his finger in Hyunjins face. "Get out."

 The blond boy blinked a couple of times. "The other tents are full with girls." 

"Then sleep in the big one. I was here first." Jisung drew his bag closer to himself, holding it in front of his chest. 

"Well... I can't deal with big crammed spaces like that very well." Hyunjin cleared his throat and looked at the floor. 

"I don't care." 

"C'mon Jisung..." 

"No. Absolutely not." Jisung dared to look at his face. 

He was serious. Very much so. "We're just sleeping in the same tent. Trust me I know we both don't..." Hyunjin didn't get to finish his sentence, interrupted by a cough. 

Jisung looked at his side. They would fit within a safe distance, right? Fine... whatever.

"What are you standing there, get in unless you want to sleep outside." Hyunjin didn't move. "Don't let me change my mind." 

Then he clumsily got in. His huge ass luggage was following. It was taller than Jisung when he was sitting, by far. Jisung held his tongue from making a snappy comment about it. 

They didn't have to talk to each other. Just sleep. That's it. 

He focused on getting a few things ready instead. His sleeping bag for example. And tape he had brought. 

The original plan to tie Jeongin to a tree with it became incidental as he taped a line down the center of the teepee. "Your side." Jisung pointed to where Hyunjin was seated. "My side. If you cross it I'll throw you out."

 He started unpacking his second pair of shoes, as well as his almighty crocks. "And I am dead serious. I will throw you." 

"Understood," Hyunjin chuckled. Jisung let out another sigh, eyebrows furrowed. He'll make it work. Because even if they are sharing this now, he needs sleep. Sleep was actually the only thing he was looking forward to during this whole camp. 

He headed out of the tent and took his phone out. 

what kind of fuckery is this

Shrek's lover
Guys! I need a group meeting. Very important!!

Maknae not on top
Sure thing

Walking steroids 
Where are you at anyway? 🤔

Shrek's lover
Doesn't matter :)

Maknae not on top
Teacher just announced we're doing a tour around
 the camp terrain, hurry the fuck up shortie ❤️

okayyyy chapter 20 wow... small feedback round. what do you like about this? what could i change to improve my writing? are short chapters better than long ones?
I know this is very cliché and there are millions of stories just like this one out there... but anyywayyy.