twenty four

Wasn't he just mentioning how much he hated these fake social activities they do at camps? Then why the fuck was he on a "nice and relaxing" walk... with a whole army of kids walking around him? 

Nothing about all their footsteps and conversations echoing in his ears was nice or relaxing. The only thing that this was doing was giving him tinnitus. 

Jisung stared holes into the back of Chan and Minho's heads. Good for them but still... ugh. 

And obviously, because they love their classmates so so much... phones and headphones were confiscated before they started walking.

 "God fucking damn it."  We love our classmates. All of them. Jisung had to remind himself of that as he let out an angry breath he was holding. 

Now, you have to remember it was Hyunjin's fault from the very beginning. And this whole trip is not helping him whatsoever. That's what Jisung is thinking as he saw his figure in the corner of his eye. Hyunjin should've just... not. Exactly. He was having a whole argument with himself at this point, replaying all the details of why he hated the Blond to his guts. 

"Yo Jisung." Someone gave him a soft shove. How dare he? "What Hwang?" He snapped. 

Hyunjin swung his arms and clapped, forcing a laugh. "I've been listening to this song and I can't get it out of my head." 

And why is he telling me that? "And why are you making that my business?" 

At this point, Changbin threw worried glances over his shoulder every now and then. 

"Just 'cuz," Hyunjin said shrugging. "It's called Liquor Store Blues by Bruno Mars. You probably heard it before." He kicked the next best stick they encountered. Just for it to hit a girl's white flare pants. The whole group froze. 

"What were you thinking??" Chan whispered as they continued their path up the hill. They tried looking as unsuspicious as possible as you could probably hear the girl tantrum all the way back in camp.

 "I swear I didn't mean to," Hyunjin whisper-yelled back, holding his hands up in defense.

 "It sure looked like that to me," Jisung mumbled. He just couldn't keep quiet. Every opportunity he got to be at least a little mean had to be taken.

 "So you're now his police officer or what?" Chan joked. Minho stared at him, mouthing some kind of insult. You could see on Chan's face that he didn't mean to say that out loud.

"Why??" Jisung asked indignantly. Chan smiled a sheepish smile before replying. "You do spent a lot of time around each other."

 "What do you mean a lot of time?" Hyunjin asked. He was nervous, as Jisung noticed the longer he talked and began to stutter his words. Like he pretended to be offended by what his friend was saying.

 This was what Minho tried to prevent, Jisung thought. And he figured that Hyunjin must enjoy all of this. Because in his dumb, perverted mind he was still in love with him, right? Jisung shook his head.

 "Whatever, all of you are going on my nerves," he announced. Then, ignoring the protests of his friends, he slowed down and dropped behind the majority of students. 

The teachers were leading all of them through the woods, some kind of trail. A bad one at that.

 His feet caught onto huge roots and he stumbled. The smell of pine trees and dirt, intensified as he lay on the ground. "This is..." Jisung wanted to scream out of pure frustration. "Ughh." He brushed his knees and jacket off. 

His converse was changing its color, now a beige color with some additional leaves and sticks hanging onto them. 

Some bird was starting to yell. Yes, not sing it sounded like a yell to Jisung. And he knew for sure if he was closer to the teachers he'd witness a whole lecture about the said bird. 

Jisung sighed. Growing more bored with his empty thoughts, a song started playing in his head. As it does so often. 

I'll take one shot for my pain, one drag for my sorrow.

But what song was that? 

Get messed up today I'll be okay tomorrow.

 Whatever, he liked it. So Jisung spent the rest of the walk humming the melody of the song, repeating the few lyrics he knew.