019

😗sorry for any mistakes

Charlotte, NCJanuary 14thFriday

Charlotte, NC
January 14th
Friday

"Wassup ma" Makai smiled, walking into the kitchen where Simone was feeding her daughter, Promise. Simone looked up and smiled "Hey Kai, I didn't know you were coming," She said, letting Promise down since she was trying to get to him.

"I had ta' come see the new house. Wassup Honey" He smiled, calling Promise by her nickname while picking her up.

"Ahbaa" She held his face and started to shake his head, he laughed at her. She always did this when he saw her or she'll poke at his new tattoos like they would come off.

"Did Ariyah come wit' you?" Simone asked, looking around him.

"Uh, nah she had home. She had some stuff to do today" He said, feeling bad about the look of disappointment on her face. He felt bad for both of them because their situation was everywhere honestly. But at the same time, he wasn't about to try and talk Ari into coming and put her in an uncomfortable situation since she wasn't ready.

"Oh okay," Simone half smiled "Come on and finish eating honey." She reached her hands out for her. Promise clung on to Makai even tighter and shook her head no.

"I'll feed her" He shrugged, sitting down. Simone just shook her head at him before sliding the plate to him. "She is so spoiled because of y'all and Brat" She chuckled, standing up to finish cooking her food.

He smiled a little while feeding Promise the mashed potatoes. You couldn't tell any of the boys anything when it came to Promise and Egypt. The boys never missed, spoiling them two.

"You like the new house?" He asked, giving Promise her cup to drink some of the food down before going back to feeding her.

"No but it's a roof over my head so I can't complain too much" She shrugged, putting the top back on the pot.

Makai laughed to himself at how much she sounded like Ariyah. They had a lot of similarities with each other. You could tell they were related especially when it came to those attitudes. They were the sweetest and nicest things ever but if you pissed them off a devil comes out.

"I just miss the old house ya know? It was me and Dominick's first house together. It had so many good and bad memories but mainly good" She sighed sitting back at the table and smiling at Promise who was around looking at her.

"You can make more memories here ma. Especially with Honey and Brat still being so young," He said, wiping the sides of Promise's mouth. Simone nodded agreeing with him.

"That architect that you referred to me," He said and she nodded "Matthias Wood?" She asked, and he nodded his head yes.

"He's not gonna mess me upright? Like he's legit?" He asked.