031

😗sorry for any mistakes

Charlotte, NCSeptember 3rdSaturday

Charlotte, NC
September 3rd
Saturday

🎶 'Cause, baby, it's a primetime for our love🎶

PrimeTime by Janelle Monáe played throughout the house as Makai blew the smoke out through his nose and bobbed his head to the music.

He sat on the couch with Lucky beside him while scrolling through the many resumes, looking for a potential assistant or 2.

With his build-up of the resort, he knew he couldn't do it alone. He already has an idea of how he wants everything to go. He needed everything to be how he needs and wants. He had a specific way he wanted everything to go.

His assistant was going to be his helper. Not managers but the people that his other employees like the managers go to. He wanted it so any employee had to come to him unless it was serious.

His goal was to have one of the best resorts in the states. The type of resort you would go to in the country. He wanted to be known as everyone wants to take their family. He was really excited about it the more he went to check on its progress of it.

"Really Makai?" He heard and jumped a little. He turned around to see Ariyah with her hand on her hip.

"I didn't even hear you come in" He chuckled, taking another pull from his blunt. She shook her head and started to take off her jacket "I thought you weren't goin' to smoke in the house Makai?" She sighed, flopping down beside him on the couch.

"Dem damn mosquitoes were pissin' me off" He huffed, putting the blunt out in the ashtray in front of him. He leaned over and pecked her lips a few times, bringing a smile to her face.

"My bad tho. How was work?" He asked as she leaned over to put her head on his shoulder and watched him go through the resumes. It's been 2 weeks since she opened her bakery shop, they rarely see each other now which is very unrare.

She would be gone by 8 in the morning and doesn't come back until 8 or 9 at night. Makai would be so bored sometimes when he didn't have any business to take care of with his other business around the city.

She yawned into her hand "Good, we have been busy a lot and I kinda like it. Until people wanna be rude to my employees for no reason. Especially Kyle, I be ready to forget 'bout bein' professional when it comes ta' him" She ranted, and he chuckled.

He chuckled, Kyle was one of her favorites and the youngest employee. He was 16 and a sweetheart but very quiet. He was one of her bakers but she always hated how if he had to work the register, people would be rude to him because he talks low.

"Jus' don't put him on the register," He said.

"I try not to do as much as I can but sometimes I have no other choice. But after that lady tried to yell at him because SHE doesn't know how to count her change correctly, I'm definitely not putting him on there" She shook her head.