Hasta La Vista to the old me

Sitting in the chair I did the only thing I thought I could do to make me forget. "Hey guys." I said into the mic. "I know I've been gone for a little while. Some things happened and I had to take a break." I said reading the comments coming through the live chat. "Guy's I really don't want to get into what happened. I just want to play some Valorant or if you have any other games you can recommend them." I told the chat. I sat at the computer talking to them for a couple hours. I was tired but I was scared to go back to sleep. When I think of what happened I usually dream about it. And I don't know if I could go through that again. I heard a knock on my door. Muting the mic I got up and opened the door. "Hey." Ryan said. "Hi." "This is for you." He said handing me a bag. I opened the bag and took out the book I was reading earlier at the store. "You didn't have to get it for me." I said to him. "It seemed you were enjoying it. Until that guy messed with you." He said with a cute smile. I laughed. "Thank you."

"Also, I think you should talk with your brother." He said before I could close the door. I looked at the floor. "I happen to know where he is right now pretty upset and full of regret." "I don't think he wants to talk with me right now." "Or he might not know he wants to talk with you yet." He started walking away. "Pool." Was the last thing I heard him say.

Turning around I walked back into my room. Getting back to the stream I noticed that so many people were commenting "Who's voice is that?" Oh my gosh I did not. I freaking muted it. I can't believe it didn't work. "Alright guys I'm gonna have to go. I'll be back in the next couple days. Bye." I said ending the stream. That will be another problem later.

Walking downstairs I went through the glass doors. Closing them I walked on the pathway to the pool. My brother was laying on one of the chairs. I walked up to him. "Hey." He looked at me. "Sorry about earlier. I shouldn't have reacted like that. It's just a lot has happened lately and I can't get over things easily anymore." I said holding my hands together. He stood up. Standing in front of me for a couple seconds. Then pulling me into a hug. "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have said what I said." "Is your arm okay from where I punched you?" I asked him. "It's fine. But you do throw a hard punch." "Sorry." "It's fine. At least I know you can protect yourself if you need to." "I don't want to have to protect myself anymore. I want to be done with everything. Just forget it all and live a new life." "Y/n you can only hide from the past for so long. It happened and you did the best you could at that moment." "I know but sometimes I think about what else I could have done. Then maby she would have been here still." I said through tears.

He grabbed my shoulders pulling me away from him so he could see my face. "What she decided to do was not your fault. You tried to help your friend. You were bullied just as bad as she was. But instead of standing up for yourself you stood for her. You were being a good friend but she just needed someone to blame. And she wasn't as strong as you. You would never put someone through what she did to you. You can only hate yourself for so long before you meet the same path as her. And I couldn't imagine not having you as a little sister anymore." He said the last part while tears fell from his eyes. "Please don't cry I'm sorry. You don't have to worry about me. I am strong enough to endure it." "I don't want you to endure it. I want you to forgive yourself. And start new. Instead of dwelling on that one thing. Think about all the good in your life." I looked up at him. Reaching up I dried his tears with the sleeve of my hoodie.

"Alright big bird. Let's go inside and have ice cream." I said grabbing his hand. We started walking inside. "Oh my goodness it's a frog." I said bending down and grabbing the frog. "Ahhh " he screamed running away from me. "Come on she might be your queen." "My queen isn't that ugly." He yelled running away. I laughed at him. Putting the frog down but pretending I still had it. "y/n come on we just had a good brother sister moment. Are you really going to do me like this?" He said once I had him stuck. I got close to his him pretending to throw it on him. He screamed like a girl and ran. "Get it off! Get it off! Ahhh!" "There's nothing on you." Someone yelled. We both looked up and saw Ryan from upstairs with his phone out recording. "Ryan you better not post that!" Darren yelled running inside.

I laughed to myself. This was my new life and I needed to learn how to be happy again. Even if it meant forgetting the old me. Forgetting who I cared about. Who I thought were my friends. And who I thought cared about me. I needed to just be happy being me. That's all that mattered from this moment on. Cheers to the new me. And Hasta La Vista to the old me