We don't determine her happiness

"Okay this is a complete misunderstanding." I said putting my hands up in my defence. "They were talking outside but they were just acting weird." Sebastian said trying to defend me. "What were y'all talking about?" Darren asked looking at me. "uhh. I can't tell you." "What do you mean you can't tell me? That is my sister." Darren said getting angry. Everyones eyes were on me like I was getting questioned for murder. "Okay. I was telling her that I like her but she rejected me." I said quickly looking at the ground. The room went silent. I poked my head up looking around. Everyone was silent and Sebastian's mouth was hanging open. Darren and Oliver just stood there both astonished and honestly looking a little angry.

Suddenly Darren picked up the spoon he was stirring the ramen with and started coming near me with it up looking like he was ready to murder me with the wooden spoon. "Hey... Hey wait." I said backing away putting my hands out in front of me. He swiped at my hand hitting it with the hot spoon. "Ow listen she said no." "I don't care you still tried to get with my little sister right after I talked to you about how I felt about my friends being with her." He said chasing after me. I ran around the couch as y/n was laying there asleep. "Y/n wake up your brother is going to kill me." I said shaking her. "Don't touch her." He said running at me. "Ahh y/n get up!" I yelled.

                               y/n pov:

I felt my arm suddenly shake. What the heck who dare wake me up? I thought to myself. "Don't touch her." What the heck was going on? If I don't see it, it never happened. I said to myself snuggling the blanket closer with my eyes still closed. "Ahh y/n get up!" I heard someone yell. My eyes opened and I sat up quickly. I was suddenly hit in the nose with something. "Oww what the heck." I said grabbing my nose. I looked down and there was a wooden spoon sitting in my lap. And a drop of blood dropped onto the blanket. I put my head back. "Who hit me with the freaking spoon?!" I yelled. "It was Darren. He did it. He's trying to kill me." Ryan said putting his head over mine while I leaned my head on the back of the couch. "Please get me a napkin." I said holding my nose. "Here " Oliver said handing me a pile of napkins. I held them to my nose. "I don't know what is going on. But Darren you will pay for this." "It's his fault. He asked you out." I heard him say. My head shot toward him. "What are you talking about?" I asked quickly dropping the napkin on my lap. "He told me." He said pointing to Ryan. I turned my head towards Ryan who stood there with a surprised look on his face. "Put this back on your nose your getting blood all over you." Sebastian said handing me more napkins. "What the heck is going on?" I said in frustration. "Seb told Oliver about you talking with Ryan outside and Oliver was live. Everyone heard what they said and now they know about you. And they think there's something going on with you and Ryan." Darren said in anger. I stood up from the couch. Going up the stairs as fast as I could without tripping.

Getting into the bathroom I closed the door. I looked at myself into the mirror there was blood dried onto my face. I turned on the sink the door opened and Ryan came in. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have told them." "I'm just confused." I said sitting on the toilet lid. He grabbed a rag turning on the sink and wetting it. He bent down in front of me.

                              Darren pov:

I can't believe he would do that. He tried to get with my sister. My little sister at that. I watched Ryan go up the stairs. He better not mess with her. I thought to myself. Following him up there. I watched him go into the bathroom. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have told them." Is he in there with her. I walked to the door that was slightly open looking in throught the crack. "I'm just confused." y/n said as she sat down. Ryan grabbed a rag wetting it and sitting in front of her. "I'll fix everything." Ryan said wiping her face. "I'm scared." She said with tears falling from her eyes. He pulled her into a hug patting her on the back. "It's gonna be okay. Everything will be fine. You have the guys you have your brother and you especially have me." He sat rubbing her hair. "I'm scared for me but I'm really scared for you guys. I mean you guys just started what if something happens and I'm the reason why the group breaks up. I don't want that to happen. I've never seen my brother so happy." She said sitting up. A tear fell from my eye as I watched my sister and my best friend. "Nothing will happen to us. We are friends before we are business partners. We won't let something as little as a couple rumours ruin us. And plus your our friend too. You may be in the back ground but you are just as much a part of this group as I am." Ryan said wiping her cheeks.

I walked away going into my room. I laid on the bed looking at the ceiling. I didn't expect this day to become this stressful. And now I'm having a battle with myself. Because my brain is telling me to keep them away from each other. And my heart is saying that they need each other. I rolled over into the pillow screaming into it. "Are you okay?" I turned to look at the door seeing Kane. "I'm fine." I said turning over. "Listen we may not get along all the time but I know when something is bothering you." He said sitting on the bed. I huffed out loud. "I'm guessing you heard what happened." I said to him. He shook his head. "Well I just don't know what to do. I love both of them. I don't want either of them to get hurt." He sat there for a second thinking. "If it was me and y/n was my sister which I do consider her my sister. I would let her be happy. If she's happy with him then let her be happy with him. We don't determine her happiness. She is the only one who can choose what makes her happy." He said ending it with a small smile. "She's been through a lot. And she hasn't told you guys. I just don't want her to get hurt by someone else again. I didn't notice last time and it made me feel like a terrible brother like I failed her. Like I didn't protect her." I said crying. He patted my shoulder. "Listen I have little sisters and I will want to protect them forever. But at some point I have to let them choose what they want. And if what she wants is Ryan then let her have him. It doesn't mean she isn't your little sister anymore it just means that there is another person that loves her just as much as you do."

I looked over at him. "When did you become so damn smart?" I asked him. "What do you mean? I've always been this smart." He said laughing. "Yeah because your old." I said turning away from him. "You did not just call me old. That's why have chapped lips and I have baby skin." He said getting up to leave the room. "And you have baby fat." I said back to him. "Okay corn tooth." He said walking out. "Kane!" I yelled. He poked his head back around the door. "Thanks I really needed that talk. And your right we just need to get through these next couple of days and I think it will all work out good." "I'm here when you need me." He said away again. Ryan walked into the room. "What was Kane doing in here?" He asked.

I sat up on the bed. "Sit down." He looked at me suspiciously. "I need to talk to you."

A cute Darren-Kane moment. I thought it was needed.