So that's why he's being nice

"What's wrong? Why are you laughing?" I said making myself laugh. "Nothing. Your just cute." My cheeks became hot listening to those words. "Aww stop it." I said turning the other way. His laughter died down. My stomach suddenly growled. His head perked up looking at me as he rested on his elbow. "I think your hungry." "I don't know what your talking about." I said grabbing my stomach as it went to growl again. He gave me a look of 'come on'. "Okay I'm starving." I said sitting up. "Let's go." He said giving me his hand to help me up. I got up. Expecting him to let go of my hand but his grasp never faltered.

We walked back down the trail in silence. We got into his car still not talking. Until we got to a ramen shop. "Oh I love Ramen." I said excited. "You and your brother are just alike." "No he is a lot dumber than me." "I guess that's true." He said laughing. We sat at a booth facing each other looking at the menu. "What are you going to get?" He asked me. "I don't know. How about you order for me. Since you know what's good " "Okay. Do you like spicy Ramen?" He asked me. "I love spicy Ramen." "Aww look at you two. So cute." The waitress said coming to us. I smiled. "You have such a handsome boyfriend." The woman said. "Oh no he's not my bo-" "No I have a very beautiful girlfriend" Ryan said grabbing my hand smiling. "Oh my goodness your making me jealous." The woman said looking at me. I just smiled not really knowing what to do or say. "So what can I get for you." Ryan ordered our food and the lady walked away still talking about how cute we are. "Sorry about that. Every time I come here she tries to get me to date her daughter." He said taking out his phone letting go of my hand. I slid my hand to my lap. He put his phone up turning around to
face it toward me. "What are you doing?" I asked him. "Sending a picture to your brother. He asked me to make sure you eat." He said looking back at his phone.

So that's why he's being so nice. My brother asked him to take care of me. Was this all because my brother?

Our food was brought out and I started eating. "This is so good." I said breathing in cause my mouth was on fire. "I thought you like spicy." He said laughing at me. "I do but I never said spicy likes me." I said before grabbing my water and drinking the whole glass. "Ahh. That is better."

The whole time we did small talk with pauses of me having to get more water. "Here's the check." The waitress said putting it on the table. I went to grab my card out of the back of my phone before he put his down and handed it to the woman. " I was going to pay." I said pouting. "It's fine I've got it." "Well I'll buy you Boba before we leave." I said pouting. "Okay " he said with a smile.

"I can't believe you never had boba before you came here." Ryan said as we started walking back to the car. "Nope. Let's say I didn't get out much at all. I'm only leaving the house because of you guys." "Oh I get it. I'm like that to. That's why I didn't go to Coachella. To many people all at once." He said taking a sip of his boba. We got to his car and started towards the house. "So why did you decide to come stay with us?" He asked looking at me for a second before looking back at the road. "Um for some personal reasons. To be honest I don't really like talking about it." I said looking out the window. "Sorry don't mean to bring up anything." He said with a hushed tone. "It's fine. It's not your fault. Some stuff happened that I'm not really ready to talk about." "Well I hope you feel better staying with us." He said. "Definitely were like one big I don't know if I can say happy but family." "Yeah we have our good moments." "Like last night when I scared Darren with the frog." "Yeah I actually got that on video. He tried to get me to delete but I didn't." "You've got to send it to me." "Sure put your phone number in my phone and I'll send it to you later." He said handing me his phone. I put my number in.

Pulling up in the drive way I noticed a familiar car. "Who is that?" Ryan said out loud. We got out walking to the front door. My past could not stop following me. It was a never ending cycle of shame and rememberance. Knowing that I've hurt so many people while I was just trying to save one.

Sorry this is a shorter chapter. I am extremely tired. I will post another one tomorrow