Welcome Home

Alice

"...Jazz, you're freaking out over nothing. It's not really a big deal."

"Alice, your parents sent us a slightly cryptic message with directions to who knows where. Of course I'm going to freak out."

"Stop whining and keep your eyes on the road. I'll tell you when we're there."

"Yes ma'am." He grumbles.

Jasper and I had gotten back from our honeymoon last week and had been staying with my parents. Today, they had given me the keys to our new house, but Jazz had no idea what was going on. All he had to go on was the directions Esme and Carlisle had given us. He knew I wasn't telling him something and he wasn't happy about it.

"Hey," I say quietly even though we were alone. "do you trust me?"

"Why would you even ask that Alice? You know I trust you with my life."

"Just wondering." I murmur.

He intertwines our fingers, and rubs his thumb over my hand. "I may not like the fact that I don't know where we're going, but if it's with you, then it makes it better."

I smile and squeeze his hand in response then look back at the road. "Turn here and we should be there."

The gate opens in front of us and Jasper's eyes widen. "What the hell?"

I giggle and he glares at me, and I make a zipping gesture across my mouth.

The driveway ends in front of a two story white brick house. The interior, Esme had told me, was the modern farmhouse aesthetic.

Jasper gets out of the car, looking around, surveying the scene, then he looks back at me. "Where are we?"

"Welcome home Jazz."

"All this is ours?"

"All 200 acres!"

"Your parents bought us a 200 acre ranch as a wedding gift." He deadpans.

"Mhm!"

"And you knew about it?"

"I felt awful keeping it a secret, but you know my parents, they wanted to surprise you."

"Good grief Alice," he says in a tone that makes him sound older than his 25 years. "y'all are gonna be the death of me one of these days."

I pull his head down so I can kiss him. "I love you Jasper."

"I love you too darlin'."

I take his hand in mine after he straightens to his normal height, then lead him back behind the house. "There's one more thing I want to show you before we go inside. I think your parents may have gone a bit overboard with the barn and horses."

"My parents were in on this too? Was I the only one out of the loop?"

"Yeah, pretty much. But come on! You're gonna love it!" I tug on his arm and he follows reluctantly at first then once we get to the entrance of the barn, he becomes a bit more excitable.

He sees the first stall and immediately goes over to it, talking and clicking softly at the chestnut Arabian inside. My heart swells. I had never really seen this side of him before and was determined to be able to experience it all the time.

"That's Major. I helped your dad pick him out for you. We named him after your rank in the army. You can always change it though. Y'know, if you don't like it." My voice gets a little quiet.

"No, it's absolutely perfect. Thank you love."

He gives Major another pat before washing his hands in the tack room. I lead the way back the the front of the house. Right as I open the door and I'm about to walk in, Jasper picks me up bridal style.

"What are you doing Jazz?" I laugh.

"Carrying my wife over the threshold." He grins.

"You are so adorably old fashioned." I plant a kiss on his jaw and another one on his cheek. "But that's why I fell in love with you, so I can't really complain."

He places me back on my feet and closes the door behind us.

"Our stuff—-" I start to say but he places a finger in front of my mouth.

"Later. There's only one thing left to do."

"Jasper..." I whisper.

"Let me show you how much I love you Alice."

My heart thumps against my chest as he picks me up bridal style again and carries me upstairs, then places me on our bed.

"Will you let me?" He asks.

I nod. "Show me Jazz."

I close my eyes and let myself become completely enveloped by him.