First Date

Alice

There's a knock on the front door at exactly 5:30 pm sharp and my heart metaphorically skips a beat.

"Alice! Your boyfriend's here!" My older brother Emmett yells upstairs.

"Be right down!" I yell back.

I straighten my clothes and check my hair and makeup in the mirror before slipping on my shoes and grabbing my coat and purse. I practically float down the stairs and right into the arms of my favorite person.

"Hi Jazz." I smile up at him. "I missed you."

"We saw each other this morning, Alice." He laughs.

"I know, but still."

Jasper laughs again and wraps an arm around my shoulder. "I'll have her home before midnight." He calls behind us as we walk to the car.

I barely hear the chorus of "have fun's" as the front door closes behind us and I stand on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek. "So, where are we going?"

He hands me the extra helmet for his moped. "You like Italian food, right?"

"Yeah."

He smiles. "Good."

He helps me on and I wrap my arms around him tight and bury my face into his jacket as the world speeds by us.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to that." I say as we walk through the parking lot.

"Used to what?"

"The speed."

Jazz laughs and shakes his head and leads me into the restaurant.

Dinner is filled with with us holding hands and teasing hand grazes. And I even get a little smirk or wink from him occasionally.

Then he untangles our fingers and reaches over like he's about to cup my face or something and promptly dips a finger in some spaghetti sauce and wipes it on my nose.

"Jazz!" I squeal quietly.

He laughs and grabs a napkin and wipes the sauce off then picks up my hand and kisses it.

I blush and smile shyly and he grins widely. "You're cute when you're flustered."

I blush even more, which only makes him grin wider.

After dinner, we walk back to his moped and I lean against his arm.

"I'm starting to think you like seeing me become a flustered mess."

"I might." The corner of his lips twitch up into a smirk.

"You are so infuriatingly charming and attractive. It's like you put a spell on whoever you're with."

He raises an eyebrow. "Are you saying I bewitched you, Alice Cullen?"

"I think you very well have, Jasper Whitlock-Hale."

We look into each other's eyes for a moment, before he bends down and kisses me.

I stand on my tiptoes and wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him down even further.

His hands move to my waist and pull me closer as he deepens the kiss.

We come up for air eventually and we both smile.

"Thank you for tonight." I cup his face gently.

"My pleasure, darlin'." He drawls.

We kiss again, but it's much shorter this time and he tries to go in for another one, but I place a finger in front of his lips.

"Alice?" He asks, confused.

"Take me home safely, and then I'll let you kiss me one more time."

"Yes ma'am."