Double Trouble

Thea

"Incoming!" Two simultaneous voices call out and I turn just in time to see my twin cousins rollerskating towards me at full speed.

"Teddy! AJ! Watch where you're going!" I move out of the way as I exclaim in frustration.

"Sorry Thea!" AJ apologizes.

"Yeah, sorry Thea." Teddy echoes.

I run my hands over my face and send a long sigh towards the heavens.

"Double trouble at it again?" My dad asks from behind me.

"Yeah, I almost got ran down by two pairs of roller skates a moment ago."

My dad snickers and fake coughs to try to cover it up when I send him a playful glare.

"What do you think they're up to this time?" I ask.

"I don't think I want to know." He sighs. "But knowing them, they're probably racing to see who can go faster."

I roll my eyes at the thought and cover my mouth to stifle a giggle when my Aunt Charlotte runs up the path, only stopping to catch her breath. "Jazz, Thea, have you seen the boys?"

"Roller skate racing toward Aunt Rose's last time I saw them." I tell her and she groans.

"Do you need help Char? I'd be happy to." My dad offers.

"That's okay, Jazz. Peter's in his truck going towards that way anyway. I'm sure we can cut them off before they do any damage to themselves or anything else."

"Good luck!" Me and dad say at the same time and Aunt Char waves at us then runs back down the path.

"They're going to need all the luck they can get to catch Teddy and AJ." I head off towards the field where I was supposed to meet my brother Jax, my boyfriend Caleb and my other cousin Henry and his girlfriend Dawn.

"Definitely." Dad agrees. "Have fun studying, kiddo."

"I'll try."

Dad kisses the side of my head. "Study, Thea. No making out with Caleb the whole time."

"Dadddddd..." I whine. "Ugh, fineeee."

He laughs and kisses my head again. "I love you Thea, but I'm being serious."

"I know, and I love you too."

We do our secret father/daughter handshake that ends in a hug, then I watch as he disappears over the hill back home.