Pre-show Shenanigans

Dawn

"Hey, how's it going?" I walk into the back room of the art studio and flop on the couch, completely disregarding the fact that I was probably wrinkling the dress I was wearing.

I watch as my boyfriend practically floats around the room, gathering his things. He looked ready, but I knew that mentally, he wasn't. He turns around to look at me, blue eyes almost pleading for me to come over. I take in his untucked shirt and unruly curls and sigh.

"Henry Cullen, what would you do without me?" I straighten out his suit a bit.

"Probably be panicking a lot more?" His thick accent was strained.

I take his shaky hands in mine. "Breathe, babe, everything's going to be fine. I promise."

"You'd think I'd be used to this by now..."

"It's perfectly normal to be nervous before a big event." I say calmly, rubbing the backs of his hands with my thumbs.

"Dawn, I don't know if I can do this." He panics again.

"You can do this. I know you can. You're going to walk confidently into that room and give them the best damn art show they've ever seen."

"How are you so calm?"

"One of us has to be." I remind him gently as I step closer to him. "You can do this." I say again.

He groans, which causes me to sigh again. I step even closer till there's barely any space left between us.

"Dawn?" He whispers.

I grab his untucked dress shirt and start tucking it into his suit pants, slightly teasing him as I go.

"What are you—-" Before he can finish his sentence, I palm him through his boxers and quickly retract my hand. His eyes widen and before he can respond, I kiss him.

After a few moments, I pull away with a slight smirk.

"You're a cruel woman, Dawn Amai." He finally gets out.

My smirk widens. "Thank you for noticing."

His lips are swollen and his face is flustered and I can tell he's having trouble forming words.

"Usually I'm the one flustered because of you and your stupid accent and flirting, but it's fun when it's the other way around."

"Dawn, love, please shut up..." Henry growls and then kisses me again.

This time, it's beautiful and passionate, and by the end, we're both breathing heavily.

"I love you." I say, almost breathlessly.

He gives me the cutest lovey dovey smile. "I love you too."

He then tries to pull me even closer, despite there being no more room between us to do so, and rests his forehead on mine.

"You're gonna be late for your own show."

"I'd much rather stay here with you." He pouts.

"I know, but they're all waiting for you. We can't keep them waiting any longer."

He purses his lips, then nods. "Alright, let's do this."

I lace our fingers together as we walk to the the thick dividing curtain.

I stop and reach up, fixing his mop of curls to the best of my ability. "Knock 'em dead. Not literally though."

Henry laughs. "I'll try not to. Thank you for being so supportive and for calming me down."

"One of these days, there won't be any pre-show panics."

"That'll be the day." He laughs again and bends down to kiss me one more time. "I love you, my Eos."

"I love you too, my sweet elf."