Bliss

Alice

I wake to the first rays of sunlight streaking in through the slits in the blinds. As if it were magic, they fell across Jasper's sleeping form making it seem like he was part of the sun itself.

I wrap the blankets tighter around my body as the early morning chill seeps into the room. I feel his arms wrap around me and I cuddle against him, glad for the extra warmth.

"Hello my love." His morning voice sends shivers down my spine and he pulls me even closer. "How long have you been awake?"

"Not long. Did I wake you?"

"No," He says as he kisses me. "I was awake already. Just resting my eyes."

"Sure, Jazz." I giggle. "Good morning by the way."

"Morning." He replies, slipping his hands under the blankets. They rest on the bare skin of my waist before he runs them down to my thighs and back up, stopping at my chest.

I suck in a breath and bite my lip as he leaves kisses along my neck. "Jasper, please."

He rolls on top of me, pinning me to the bed, sending the blankets cascading down to the floor. We were completely exposed to each other but neither of us minded. "What was that Alice?"

"Jazz, please."

He kisses me deeply. "As you wish."

——————

It's mid-morning the next time I open my eyes. His face is buried in the crook of my neck, and I sigh in content, pressing a kiss to his sweaty curls.

"I wish we could stay like this forever."

I feel him smile. "I'm sure that could be arranged..." His tone is flirtatious.

"But...?"

"But I think maybe we should get something to eat."

"Fineeeee." I sigh dramatically and Jazz chuckles. "Hot shower first though."

He hums in agreement and releases his hold on me, allowing me to get up.

He watches me as I gather my stuff together and I make it more of a show.

"You are so beautiful." He says breathily.

I blush and walk to the door of the bathroom. "Jasper," I say in a certain tone and his head cocks to the side. "you're gonna join me, right?"

His eyes widen. "Yes ma'am." He says quickly and follows me in.

——————-

I find myself sitting on the top railing of the paddock fence after breakfast, admiring Jasper and Major in all their glory.

I knew my husband was good with horses from what Rosalie and my in-laws told me, but I never knew just how good.

"Alice? Is something wrong?" He rides up and dismounts before walking over to me.

"Nothing wrong, just admiring a good looking cowboy and his horse." I tip his hat back to look in his eyes.

"Have I heard of this cowboy?"

"Maybe. He's real tall, curly shoulder-length blond hair, stunning green eyes, has an accent, looks hot in flannel, and he's a great kisser."

"He must be the luckiest guy in the world then, to have a fine lady such as yourself."

"Yeah," I draw him in by his belt loops. "but I think I'm the lucky one."

"Why's that?"

"Because he loves me unconditionally."

He kisses me and I smile against his mouth, then kiss back.

"I love you darlin'."

"Love you too, Jazz."

He pulls away eventually and rests his forehead against mine. "So I'm a great kisser, huh?" He smirks.

"You're such a brat." I smack his arm. "I can't believe that's the only thing you got out of all that."

He laughs and turns on his heel, but I hop on his back before he can walk away. He gives me a piggy back over to Major then I drop down to the ground.

"What are we doing?" I ask.

"You're going riding."

"I've never been on a horse before, Jasper. I don't know what to do."

"I've got you Alice, don't worry." He helps me onto Major and gives me directions, and before I know it, I'm riding around the paddock by myself, no help.

"I can't believe I just did that, Jazz!" I say as Major comes to a stop.

"You were remarkable." I slide off the saddle into his arms, but instead of putting me down, he holds me there for a bit. I wrap my legs around his middle and my arms around his shoulders.

"Thank you for teaching me." Our heads rest together and he kisses my nose.

"You're a fast learner. I'll have you jumping over fences in no time." He jokes.

I shake my head, but laugh. "Ridiculous." I mumble. "Why do I even put up with you?"

"Cause you love me. And we're kinda married, so there's no going back at this point."

I laugh again. "I do you love you. So much."

Jasper looks at me, eyes sparkling in the late morning sun and his signature crooked smile gracing his lips. He looked so much like the teenager I met in school many years ago in this moment and I can't help but fall in love with him all over again.

"Unconditionally." Is all he says but it's enough to make me tear up.

"Always." I respond.

A/N: Takes place directly after Going Home.