Feeling the Love pt. 2

Thea

The sun had just barely started to set, casting a golden hue on the wildflower field we were laying in.

Caleb's long, dark hair was unbound and strands floated in the evening breeze. Eventually, the temptation becomes too much and I begin braiding flowers into his hair.

"What are you doing, Thea?" He asks me.

"Braiding flowers into your hair." I say, matter-of-factly. "It's kind of a tradition in my family."

"Tradition?"

"A way to tell someone our true feelings."

"And what are you feeling right now?" He looks at me and his brown eyes bore into my green ones.

"That I really want to kiss you right now." I squeeze my eyes shut to avoid his gaze.

A pair of lips shake me from my thoughts and I open my eyes to see him in front of my face.

Oh my god. I think to myself. We're kissing!

My internal monologue freaks out and my heart races as I kiss back.

Eventually, I pull away slightly. "Caleb, I really like you, and I think I'm finally ready to be in a relationship again."

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say that." He laughs in relief.

I laugh with him and lean back in, pressing our lips together once more.

At some point, he has to leave to get back to the reservation before it starts getting too late, and I make my way back to my house where I'm met with my family all looking at me with proud smiles.

"Hey guys," I say awkwardly. "What's up?"

"Did you two kiss and admit you like each other finally?" Dawn, who was staying the night with her boyfriend Henry(who also happens to be my cousin) asks excitedly.

"We might have..." I admit.

"Yessss!" She squeals and my parents and Aunt Rose and Uncle Emmett laugh while Henry and my younger brother Jax high-five.

"Were you all waiting for it to happen?" I ask, slightly curious.

"We might've been..." Jax and Henry say at the same time., causing more laughter.

I roll my eyes as my dad walks over to me. "We're happy for you, kiddo. But I swear if he hurts you—-"

"Alright Jazz, I think she gets the point." My mom gently pulls him back towards the couch.

"Thanks for the wonderful image, Dad." I say sarcastically and head towards the stairs. The rest of the teens follow me and through the chatter I barely hear him say "you're welcome, little love."

I can't help but giggle, and as soon as we make it to my room, I knew I was in for a long night of questions.