Jax

Alice

When a little boy we were fostering first came into our lives, we knew that we needed him as much as he needed us. Now, a few months later, we're taking him to the Seattle courthouse to legally adopt him.

I turn to look at the two kids in the backseat of the car. The three year old had fallen asleep with his head on six year old Thea's shoulder and I smile softly at the sight.

"Are they asleep?" My husband asks.

"Yeah." I reply. "They look adorable."

Jasper smiles and laces our fingers together. "Are you excited?"

"Excited and nervous."

He squeezes my hand and lifts it to his lips, pressing a kiss to it. "Everything will be alright, darlin'. By the end of the day, we'll have a son."

"Jazz," I whisper with happy tears in my eyes. "We're gonna have a little boy."

He gives me his beautiful crooked smile and kisses my hand again then turns back to look at the road.

We reach the courthouse finally and after signing the needed documents, it's time to choose a name.

"What do you think, kid?" Jazz asks the little boy seated in his lap and he shrugs.

"How about Jackson?" I suggest.

"We could call him Jax or Jack!" Thea says excitedly.

"You like Jackson?" Jasper asks the little boy again and he nods in excitement this time.

"Jackson Houston Whitlock-Hale." I say as I write it on the paper and my husband looks over at me in surprise.

"Houston?"

"After where you were born. Is that okay?"

He smiles. "Yes ma'am."

Thea reaches over and hugs her new brother. "Welcome to our family Jacky. We love you."

"Love you too." Jax says with a smile and I can't help but pull my family into one big group hug.

"I love you Jazz." I tell him softly as soon as we're back in the car, our children yet again asleep in the backseat.

"I love you too, Alice."