First "I Love You"

Jasper

It had been a long couple of days. Both Alice and I were on edge and in the middle of a two day argument. One of the boys at school had hit on her and I didn't react all that well.

The others had had enough.

Currently, we were outside in the school courtyard where my sister Rosalie had left us to talk things over.

Alice was staring blankly into space and I was having trouble finding words to say.

"Alice, I'm sorry." I say finally.

She focuses her gaze on me. "For what, Jasper?"

"For being an idiot. And a complete jerk. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did."

"Anything else?"

"I shouldn't have taken it out on you."

Her face softens a bit. "I was a jerk too."

"No you weren't. Everything you said was right."

"It felt awful to say though."

"I know, but it had to be said. I forgive you though."

Her hands move to mine and our fingers intertwine. "I forgive you too." She says quietly.

We sit like that for a while until she decides to get up and sit next to me. I pull her into my lap and she sighs into my shoulder.

"I hate it when we fight." I murmur.

"I do too." She agrees. "But it's all part of a healthy relationship, right?"

"Yeah." I kiss her head. "Did you know you're really cute when you're angry?"

She looks up at me. "Am not!"

"Are too! Like an angry kitten!"

She laughs. "You're ridiculous."

I smile and kiss her head again and we fall back into another peaceful silence.

"Are you busy after school?" I say after a while.

"I don't think so. Why?"

"Wanna go out for ice cream?"

"Can I get sprinkles and whipped cream?" She asks excitedly.

I laugh. "Anything for you, pixie."

"Yes!"

I laugh again. "You're so cute when you get excited over the littlest things."

She blushes. "Am I?"

"Yes," I tuck a piece of her hair behind her ear. "it's one of the many reasons I love you."

Her head snaps up to look at me. "Huh?"

"Alice Cullen," I say with tears in my eyes. "I love you. I have since we first kissed. Funny how a stupid argument gave me the courage to finally say it. You don't have to say it right away. I'll wait until you're ready."

She tears up as well. "I love you too, Jasper Whitlock-Hale. Even when you're being an idiot."

I pull her into a long, deep kiss and she sighs into it. "Promise me that you'll never stop saying "I love you" alright cowboy?"

"I promise you darlin'."

"I love you."

"I love you too. So freaking much."

"Keep saying it." She traces her thumbs across my cheekbones as she cups my face.

"What, "so freaking much?"" I ask with a smirk, knowing full well what she means, but deciding to mess with her.

"No, Jazz," she laughs. "Keep saying "I love you." There's something about the way it sounds when it comes out of your mouth."

I laugh with her. "Yes ma'am."

She pulls me into another kiss. "Love you." Alice whispers.

"I know." I whisper back.