~:*:~ Seven ~:*:~

Paxton

I meandered down the hallway until I found my dorm room. The residence floor leader had already been by to write something on the door's white board. It read:

Welcome to Massey, Nate and Ben!

Good luck with your studies and remember to have fun!

I used my sleeve to erase Ben's name, then grabbed the marker to write in my own. Apparently the floor leader hadn't been updated about the change in Nate's roommate. I only got the call this morning! I wasn't told what happened to Ben, just that there was suddenly a vacancy and I was next on the list. Naturally I jumped at the chance to leave home despite my parents only living twenty minutes from campus. They weren't bad people, of course; I loved them dearly! It's just that I wanted a little space to grow up on my own.

I slipped my key card into the door and pushed my way in. It looked as if Nate had already claimed one side of the room by tossing his bags on the bed, though he was nowhere in sight for introductions. I hoped he would return soon so I'd have someone to hang out with. I was never one to make the first move with potential acquaintances or friends, so the fact that we were forced to share a room made it a little easier to accept one another quickly, and it also gives me an excuse to stick to him during frosh week until others came along.

Or better yet, until he came along; my salacious lover from the hotel.

I was anxious about the way I left things, and it was only as I was driving away that I realized I had never asked for his name. I expect to see him on campus sooner or later, but I hated that I now had to leave it up to chance. I was by no means a stalker, but I refused to just let him walk in and out of my life in in half a day's time. If fate didn't prove to be on my side, I had every intention of storming through his faculty buildings until I found him again.

And it wasn't just about the sex, although that was a huge factor...

It was more about the connection we shared while chatting away at the bar, and then later when we held each other peacefully in that disordered, steamy hotel room. I had never felt so content in my whole life.

I spent the next twenty minutes unpacking my things as I replayed last night over and over in my mind. If I hadn't have gotten the call from the residency office so early in the morning, I would have remained in his embrace until we both woke up together. Perhaps we would have made use of the bed again? We may have run out of condoms, but there were plenty of other sexual things that could be done to pass the time.

The door swung open in the midst of my fantasy. I turned around to greet the visitor only to come face-to-face with the literal man of my fantasies; my sexual partner from the night before. I froze in a panic. My mind was telling me to play it cool, but my heart was telling me to jump into his arms and kiss him passionately.

He looked startled when he entered, though it wasn't for the same reason that I was so. It was almost like he expected to shelter himself from something, or someone, in the safety of the room, but was then thwarted by my presence. He shook off whatever he was feeling and began to smile warmly at me, though it wasn't the same look I saw from him last night. This smile was fake and forced.

He held out his hand to shake mine as he stepped further into the room, leaving the door wide open behind him. "You must be Ben! Nice to meet you. I'm your roommate, Nate."

My roommate?! The guy I had sex with last night was now MY ROOMMATE?!

This moment had to be the most mind-boggling of my entire life!