~:*:~ Thirty-Two ~:*:~

Chace

I picked up a new case of beer and smuggled it into our residence, hoping that Ian would accept it as a peace offering for whatever the hell happened last night.

When I opened the door to our room, he was sprawled across his bed with his eyes closed and headphones in. He was bobbing his head along lightly to the music, getting lost in the sound of the heavy drums and screaming vocals. I moved to the mini-fridge to put some of the bottles inside. I made sure to clink every glass bottle and slam the fridge door in hopes of capturing his attention. If he heard me, he chose to ignore it.

So much for the peace offering...

I sat down at my desk just as my phone rang. It was an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Hi Chace!" A familiar, sing-song voice echoed through the speaker. It was Lexi.

"How did you get my number?"

She ignored my question. "I was just wondering if you were doing anything tonight... I thought you might be interested in buying me dinner?" She cooed flirtatiously.

"I'm not interested."

"I doubt that! Every guy is interested in me."

I actually laughed out loud, but of course it was a bewildered sound due to her audacity and ego. "Not this guy. Now tell me how you got my number?"

"I got it off of Ian's phone last night after we fucked." She admitted shamelessly.

I cringed at the thought of the two of them sleeping together, but there was nothing to be done about it. "Lose my number and stay away from me. I'm not interested!" I hung up and immediately blocked her number in case she didn't take my advice.

His voice startled me even though it was barely above a whisper. "Who was that?"

I turned around in my chair to see that Ian had sat up in bed and removed his headphones. He didn't look too happy.

"Was it Lexi?" He asked accusingly.

I couldn't lie, so I just remained silent. He took the hint.

"Listen man... I don't appreciate you throwing yourself at my girl." He was doing his best to keep his anger in check as he spoke. "Being some internet celebrity doesn't mean you can act like an ass to your friends! I really like Lexi and she likes me, so stop flirting with her."

Was he seriously blaming last night on me?! He had to see that she was the one grinding against me... I didn't even lay a finger on her before Leona came to my rescue!

He went on, "I'm going to be spending a lot of time with her in the future, so I just wanted to get this out in the open now. Speak man to man, you know? She'll be coming by our dorm room often and hanging out amongst our friend group, so I don't want her to feel any more uncomfortable around you than she already does."

Either she was a beast in the sack or she was a brilliant liar, or perhaps both! Either way, she had Ian wrapped firmly around her little finger. There was nothing I could say to change his view on things... not now, anyways.

"I intend on making her my girlfriend..." He announced sternly while gaging my reaction. "... so you've got to back off before you and I have a real problem. Are we clear?"

If I had any chance of fixing our friendship, I had to follow his lead. Hopefully he'd figure out how awful Lexi is on his own sooner rather than later.

"Crystal."

That seemed to settle things for the time being. He let go of the scowl that he'd been sporting since last night, replacing it with a small, friendly smile. He was probably just as relieved as I was to end this strange standoff.