~:*:~ Twenty ~:*:~

Tanner

When I had a break in my schedule the next day, I asked Layne if she wanted to head back to my room for a quickie. Most people were outside participating in the Massey Frosh scavenger hunt, so there wasn't much chance of people hearing us if we got a little rowdy.

But this experience was far from being wild.

I was lying down on top of her in our usual, boring missionary position. It was just a repetitive motion; in, out, in, out, in, out...and so on. We kissed a little, but it was nothing passionate or even tender. It was just a lot of awkward pecks as we barely opened our mouths and entirely refrained from using tongue. We both attempted to touch each other to get more in the mood- my hand on her breast and both of hers on my ass to pull me in- but we gave up on that quickly as I used both my hands to prop myself up and she moved her hand up to rest on my lower back. At some point I'm pretty sure her eyes glazed over and she just thought of something else as she waited for me to finish. Determined to at least pretend like we both still felt something, I faked my orgasm so she could follow suit. I rolled away and pulled the covers up over our naked bodies. We stared up at the ceiling in silence for some time.

It was the first time I ever had to fake it. I admit that our sex life had always been this boring, but at least when I was unaware of it I was able to shoot my load.

We were also getting back into the swing of things after our rocky year apart. We had sex a handful of times when I came home for the summer, but it wasn't anything great since we were both still struggling to fall back in love.

Everything just seemed to be piling up against us, and this pathetic display was the culmination of it.

"Maybe we're just tired from moving in to a new environment?" Layne offered weakly.

I responded with my own ridiculous excuse, "Or maybe it's the stress of starting the new school year?"

"Hmmm..."

After much deliberation, I decided to break the awkward silence again. "Maybe we should try something new?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know... a new position?"

"I don't think just changing how you stick your dick in me will improve our connection." She shot back crudely, annoyed that I was apparently oblivious to the real issue.

I shrugged. "It wouldn't hurt to try it."

She turned to face me, leaning on her elbow so I'd be forced to look into her scowling eyes. "So taking me from behind or moving into a sitting position will improve our lack of passion?!"

"No..." I admitted.

"Our sex life won't get any better unless we learn how to connect again. Honestly, it feels like I've been having sex with a stranger ever since you came back in the summer. We don't know each other anymore; we changed as people in that year that we learned to be apart. So it's like we're starting from scratch, don't you think?"

She wasn't wrong. I just hadn't realized she'd felt the same way.

I nodded in agreement. "So we need to find our passion again, and the rest will fall into place." I turned on my side to face her fully, mimicking her position as I propped myself up on my elbow. "Why don't we start with the basics? We'll plan to go out on at least three dates a week and just stick to simple kisses. When we get comfortable with that, we'll move on to heavy petting and then the big O.M.G. moment!"

She laughed and playfully pushed my shoulder to knock me down. She then wrapped her arms around me to pull me in for another kiss. This time we opened our mouths to use tongue, and it was actually quite pleasurable.

We pulled apart and smile at each other.

"Baby steps..." She agreed, excited by the prospect of fixing things between us.

I gave her one last chaste peck before enveloping her in a hug. "So are you free tomorrow night? I'd like to take you out to dinner."

"I'm all yours!"

~*~*~*~

Like a perfect gentleman, I walked Layne back to her room after we got dressed and finalized our plan for tomorrow's date.

On my way back to my own room, I turned a corner and found Jesse flirting with a freshman boy down the hall. I recognized the boy against the wall; his name was Ian, and he was a friend of Leona's. He participated in a few of the frosh events that I hosted. I assumed he was straight given the amount of girls that he was flirting with. And if he was gay, it made more sense that he was already dating that guy that was permanently glued to his side.

Jesse had his hand pressed against the wall beside the boy's face so he could lean in and speak softly. Ian seemed slightly oblivious to the whole exchange, or maybe he was just used to this kind of thing from guys given his good looks. Either way, I expected Ian to turn Jesse down the moment he made a real move.

Yet I still found myself irritated.

Why was Jesse so confident?! This all seemed to come so easily to him. I just didn't like him throwing his charm and tact in my face when I could barely keep my girlfriend interested! Why couldn't I be as skillfully seductive and physically pleasing as he was?

WHY WAS JESSE AFFECTING ME SO MUCH?!

I couldn't let his continual existence bother me any further. Let him fuck whatever guys he wants if that will make him happy. If Layne is safe from him, then I'm happy. I don't need to let his experience and abilities rattle my own confidence. I was going to win back Layne's heart, and I didn't need to be like him to make that happen.

Ian burst out laughing at something Jesse had said. He then pulled out his phone and handed it over. Jesse began to type something... probably his phone number. Apparently I was wrong about Ian.

Fuck them both.

Hello lovelies!!!

Hello lovelies!!!

So is anyone rooting for Layne and Tanner's relationship? They're at least trying their best to fix things... so I sort of feel bad every time I scream at my own phone while re-reading my work, demanding that Tanner and Jesse get together to fulfill their BL roles 😅 🙃 😍 lolz poor Layne.

Anyone else think it's adorable how even Tanner, who hasn't met Ian or Chace officially, can already tell that they would make an adorable couple? 😊 it's like with every boyxboy relationship in this story, outsiders can see the potential with other couples but are blind to their own feelings and potential with the boy in their life hahaha 😆

So what do you think happened between Jesse and Ian? Is Ian oblivious to male flirting? Or did he catch on?

Why did Ian give Jesse his phone?! Give me some wild guesses 😘

Thanks for the chat!
Please follow, vote and comment 💜