~:*:~ Ninety-Six ~:*:~

Jesse

I was taking a shower as an excuse to release some of my pent up sexual frustration. I hadn't gone this long without sex in quite some time. And before meeting Tanner, I had no intention of moderating my sexual appetite in university. Why would I when there would be so many new people to meet and explore?! But I suppose when you meet the right person, giving up that lifestyle becomes an easy decision.

But I just wish Tanner would accept me as his lover already before my dick exploded and I had permanent blue balls! Jerking off in the shower just wasn't doing it for me, even though I'm thinking of him as I stroke. I let go of my member with a frustrated sigh, accepting the fact that I wouldn't be able to properly get off without his participation.

Is this what it's like to be in love?! Am I that faithful to him that I can't even enjoy a little self-love until he accepts me? I just want to masturbate, for fucks sake!

I smacked my head lightly against the tiled wall over and over again as the water rained down from the showerhead. I let out a groan in agony as I stared at my semi-hard on.

"Jesse, is that you?"

Holy fuck... was that Tanner's voice?!

I turned off the shower and immediately reached for my towel that was hanging over the door. "One second! I'm coming out..." I wrapped the towel around my waist and moved to open the shower stall door.

Tanner pushed back against the door to trap me inside. "Hold on. This might be easier for me to say if I'm not looking directly at you, so just stay in there for a minute. Okay?"

Oh my god... he was going to reject me! He didn't want to look at my crushed face when he said the words, probably so he wouldn't change his mind out of pity. I suppose that was better in the end; I wouldn't want him to become my lover out of pity.

I leaned against the back wall of the stall to keep myself from pushing the door open, trapping my hands between my back and the tile. "Go ahead, Tanner. I'm listening..."

I could see his feet through the gap below the door as he nervously bounced on the balls of his feet and kicked the air. I was spitefully glad that this was going to be as hard on him to say as it was for me to hear.

"I wanted to say that I'm sorry for accusing you of purposefully sabotaging my relationship with Layne. Deep down I knew that I was being stupid, but I just couldn't help but say and think such mean things to alleviate my own guilt. I wasn't blameless in this whole affair; I need to own up to the fact that I made my own choices where you and Layne are concerned. So yeah... I'm sorry for being such an asshole after that night."

"I get it. I didn't exactly pick the best time to confess my feelings for you..."

"And I didn't exactly pick the best time to overanalyze our entire acquaintance. I want you to know that I never regretted that night, no matter how many terrible things I said the next day to distance myself from you!"

"Okay..."

"I appreciate what you've done to prove your loyalty to me. It's already spread across campus that you've become a one-lover kind of guy, though no one seems to know who you've devoted yourself to-"

I offer an explanation so he doesn't think I'm ashamed to be with him. "I didn't want to toss your name into the mix since we're technically not an item. As soon as you said yes to being my boyfriend, I would have proudly told the world of my love for you..." But I guess that won't be happening after all.

Tanner makes a grunting noise of understanding before continuing, "And I appreciate the fact that Layne is no longer sharing a room with you."

"I did that more for her than for you, if I'm being honest. I felt like I owed her big time after what I did with her boyfriend, so finding her a new room so she can spend the rest of the year in Massey comfortably seemed like the least I could do. Even if you rejected me, I figured she'd still hate seeing me day and night until summer break."