34) Its a Mystery

AUTHORS NOTE: ok, this chapter is going to be half chat, half story form. just this chapter ok? because i HAVE to put soemthing in it that i cant put into chat form. ok? YOU MUST READ IT IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND WHAT COMES NEXT IN THE STORY.

[Diana has entered the chat]

[Tony has entered]

[Steve has entered]

Tony: hey Diana where have you been?

Diana: busy. just got back from a job.

Steve: i thought you were in your room.

Diana: I'm very good at sneaking.

Steve: indeed you are. :)

Diana: um, can i tell you guys something?

Tony: sure, what?

Steve: is it weird?

Diana: no. its just....i know who Quinn's parents are. and they are alive. and they are 2 superheros.

Steve: YOU HAVE TO TELL QUINN.

Diana: NO!

Tony: this is weird...im going to go get scotch now....

[Tony has left the chat]

Diana: OH NO YOU DONT.

[Diana has left]

Steve: {sighs}

[Steve has left]

**************

The woman stood alone on the rooftop, hidden in the dark. She was angry. And a bit worried. Another figure joined her on the rooftop. A tall, strong man walked up and stood by her side.

"It has been 14 years," said the woman coldly.

"Yep. What is it you wanted to tell me? I am a very busy man. Places to go, people to kill," the man replied, impatiently.

"I know, I know. And this is weird but....." the woman trailed off, her voice cracking.

"But what?" the man asked.

"You are a father," the woman managed to choke out.

"WHAT?" the man yelled in disbelief.

"14 years ago. In England. We were drunk. Remember?" the woman said, grateful that her hair was there to hide the tears theatening to spill from her eyes.

"No. No I don't," the man snapped.

The woman growled. "You do. You know I know you do," she hissed at him.

"FINE I DO BUT I'M NOT A FATHER!" the man yelled.

"Whether you want to be a father or not you are," the woman told him.

"Nope. I can't be. I'm not and never will be," the man said, getting a bit angry.

"You are the father. You know you are. I know you know you are," the woman snapped at him.

"I'm...not...THE FATHER," the man said to the woman harsh and slowly.

"Yet you are," the woman snapped back.

"I'M NOT. I CAN'T BE. EVEN IF I WANTED TO BE IM NOT READY!" the man exclaimed, raising his voice.

The woman couldn't take it anymore. "WELL TOO BAD YOU ARE THE FATHER. AND NOT READY? NOT READY!?!?! DID YOU THINK I WAS READY? DO YOU?!?! DO YOU!?!?!?" the woman yelled in his face. Before the man could yell something back at her, the woman yelled, "I WAS PREGNANT AT 18! FREAKING 18! I was alone, no family, and when I went to look for you, my Vegas-style-married-husband, and to tell you what had happened and ask for help you were gone! I was a mercenary at the time and how am I supposed to kill people pregnant?" the woman yelled at the man's face. He opened his mouth to speak but she wasn't done. "FOR 9 MONTHS I SEARCHED FOR YOU AND I COULDNT FIND YOU. I GAVE BIRTH ALONE AND I GAVE THE KID UP BECAUSE I WASN'T READY! I WASN'T READY FOR ANYTHING! IM A KILLER NOT A MOTHER! AND YOU TALK ABOUT NOT BEING READY! THE NERVE! LETS SHOVE YOU IN MY SHOES AND LETS SEE IF YELLING "IM NOT READY' DOES YOU ANY GOOD! AND GUESS WHAT i FOUND OUT?" she yelled in his face.

"WHAT?" the man yelled back.

"OUR CHILD HAS POWERS. POWERS! SHE WAS KICKED OUT OF ALMOST EVERY HOME AND WAS FINALLY RESCUED WHEN SHE WAS 7 AND IS LIVING WITH S.H.E.I.L.D.. .SH.I.E.L.D., DUDE, S.H.E.I.L.D.!!!! AND NOW I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT FACT EVERYDAY AND HERE YOU COME ALONG YELLING THAT IT'S NOT FAIR!" the woman yelled and then collapsed to her knees, crying.

The man was silent. He buried his face in his hands and muttered a few cuss words. "Then what do you want me to do?" the man asked, tears now theatening to fall from his eyes, too.

"I want our kid to know," the woman whispered.

"Can I see a picture of the kid?" the man asked.

The woman fished a picutre from her wallet and handed it to the man.

"We don't really need a DNA test for us to prove the kid's yours," the woman said, wiping a few tears from her eyes.

"Yeah," the man addmited, "How are we going to break it to the kid?"

The woman sighed. "I don't know yet," she admitted.

The man sighed, handing back the picture.

"Ok, I will rent a apartment room somewhere near here. I have enough money to last me a good bit. Just call me when you have a plan or whatever," the man said.

The woman nodded and then the man turned to go. "Hey listen-" the man started and began to say his old nickname for the woman. The woman stopped him.

"Don't say it. You don't deserve to call me that," the woman snapped.

The man then turned around and walked away, thinking about the whole ordeal, and tried to decided whether if he was going to cry, scream, or faint. As for the woman she then fell to her knees and cried.

AUTHORS NOTE: ok guys! yep the mystery people are Quinn's parents.