89) Saving Belle PART TWO

~Natasha Romanoff (Black Widow)’s POV

Before anyone could even blink Bruce and Betty were shot by a tranquillizer dart and fell to the ground. I looked up and saw the sniper. It seemed to be small child but suddenly the sniper rifle melted in his hands and he turned into a flaming dragon made out of molten lava and started down towards us.

“We need to wake up Belle,” stated Hawkeye calmly as he loaded his bow.

“Agreed. We could use her water powers about now,” I replied.

“How do we get to her then?” Steve asked.

“We will distract the fire freaks. I will shoot down what’s holding her cage in the air and you catch it and wake her up. Alright?” I told Steve quickly.

Captain America nodded and then handed Hawkeye his shield.

“Hold on to that for me,” Steve said then ran off towards a rock ledge.

Hawkeye went to confront the fire dragon and I walked towards the flaming shape shifter who was watching Belle’s cage like her life depended on it. I fired a few shots at the woman to get her attention. It did.

The flaming woman suddenly turned into Diana.

“You wouldn’t hurt your old friend would you?” the fake Dania asked, her flaming dress morphing into a S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform.

I had to remind myself that this was not my friend but a shape shifter. I fired at her face then at the chain holding Belle in a cage.

~Steve Rogers (Captain America)’s POV

I stood on a rock ledge above the lava pool. Black Widow shot the chain and Belle’s cage plummeted towards the lava pool below. I jumped, grabbing the cage in midair, and flew over the lava pit.

It was a rough landing and the cage rolled away from me and across the rock floor. I ran over to the cage and shot off the lock with one of my guns. I holstered it and opened the cage, gently lifting Belle’s body out.

I held Belle’s body in my arms and was on the brink of tears.

“Come on Belle. Wake up please. For me. I’m sorry. Please wake up,” I whispered, tears now starting to slip down my cheeks.

Belle’s golden eyes then flickered open.

“Steve?” Belle whispered, slightly confused.

“I’m here, Belle,” I replied, sighing with a bit of relief that she was alive.

“What’s going on?”

“Nothing much,” I replied, looking up and seeing Natasha and the fire woman fist fighting as was Clint and a strange man made out of molten rock, “Just a fire battle. You awake enough to help?”