98) Mourning

AUTHORS NOTE: read the authors note at the end XD

~Angel Stark's POV

None of us expected Quinn to die. None of us. When Quinn died Loki actually sobbed. He sobbed. We all let him carry her body back to the Helicarrier and then he was then arrested. He didn't protest. 

The shape-shifting aliens we had no problem dealing with. They gave up as soon as The King was dead then explained that because The King had such strong mind powers killing him mentally killed Quinn because it was too much for her mind to handle. They also explained that he had threatened them and their families and that was the only reason they fought for him. They left as soon as we let them go. 

Diana didn't stop crying and wailing. As soon as my friend realized her daughter was dead she let out a heartbreaking wail I think only a parent mourning over her child could make. Wade tried hard not to cry and to be strong for Diana, but in the end he was crying too. 

Misty was taking it rather hard too. Quinn was her neice and best friend. She couldn't stop crying either. Most of the other Avengers were in tears too. 

We all were currently at Stark Tower, trying to get a handle on things. At least I was. I cried long and hard over Quinn, who was like my neice even though Diana isn't really my sister. 

I stared long and hard at the laptop in front of me. Nope. Can't do it. I slapped the screen down just as a tired-looking Tony entered the room, a glass of something most likely alcoholic in his hand and the bottle in the other. 

Tony gave me a sad smile and drained the contents of his glass. He set the cup down and took a long drink from the bottle. 

"You shouldn't be doing that," I say, standing up. 

"It's all my fault, Angie," Tony says, staring at the wall and using his special nickname for me, "If I hadn't have messed up with that one experiment then Quinn wouldn't have been... Well 20 or 22 or however old she looked then she wouldn't have started dating Loki and then all of this wouldn't have happened and she would still be here; dang, she was just a little girl Angie she was just a little girl..."

Tears made their way down Tony's cheeks. I walked over and wiped them away. I took the bottle from his hands and set it on the counter. I then wrapped my arms around my husband, despite the awkward bulge that was stomach. 

Tony hugged me back, buried his face into my neck, and cried. I started to cry again too. Darn pregnancy hormones. 

"It's not your fault, Tony. And yeah, she was too young to go." I choked back a sob. "She was too young to go."

My husband and I then stood there holding each other and mourning over Quinn. 

~Diana Wilson's POV

I sat at the kitchen table, a cold cup of coffee in front of me. How long had I been sitting here? Two hours? Three? Four maybe? I had lost count. 

I had to probably be the world's worst parent. I give up my child for seven years. I find her again, lie to her, almost get killed by her, then things get happy and we are a family again. She grows up (even more so thanks to Tony and Bruce), gets a boyfriend, and the next thing you know she's dead. She's dead. 

I'm still trying to come to terms with that fact. I keep thinking Quinn is going to walk out from behind the corner and ask me where the coffee is or if I'm okay with her going to Asguard again to see Loki. But she's not. She won't. And she never will again

Wade has changed completely. He has barely said  two words since Quinn's...passing. He just sort of sits there, staring into space, or crying. Usually crying. 

I look down at my cold coffee and then realize I'm crying myself. My tears slip down my cheeks and into the dark liquid. Sighing, I stand up and go spill the coffee into the sink. 

The sound of crying pulls me from my thoughts. It's coming from Wade and I's bedroom. I walk there and find my husband sitting on the side of our bed, facing the wall, absolutely loosing it. 

I sit down next to Wade, wrap my arms around him and think about how much he has changed. He is not the same man I met about fifteen years ago. He's more responsible, a little less crazy, and a lot less mouthy and talkative. But then again given the current situation I don't blame him. He's not Deadpool anymore. He is Wade. 

"Di, I should have been there. I shouldn't have left. I should have been able to watch Quinn grow up. And then when I finally come back and make us a family again sh-she dies and there is nothing I can do. I-I failed as a parent, Diana. I failed," Wade sobs. 

"I failed too," I reply and then also start to cry. 

We sit there crying and holding each other. At least Wade is here with me now. I don't think I would have made it without him. I'm pretty sure he thinks the same about me. 

~Third Person POV

It was a very depressing funeral. It was sunny and the birds were singing. To everyone who was close to Quinn it almost seemed to be mocking them. How dare the world be so happy when a large part of their world was gone and never returning?

Most of the funeral-goers had puffy eyes, tear-stained faces, or were crying still. Only a small few could keep it together. 

Several people gave eulogies. A few like Diana broke down crying and had to have someone else read theirs. 

Loki was there too. He wasn't the same man. If the Avengers and their friends hadn't been so busy mourning themselves they would have been surprised at his change. 

The Asguardian looked even more pale than he did before Quinn's death and his eyes were lifeless. He no longer walked like he was above everyone else and instead blended into the crowd of mourners. He missed Quinn more than he could bear and personally blamed himself and his selfishness for her death. He wasn't worthy of her in his mind. To him he never was. 

At the end of the funeral after Quinn's body was buried Diana broke down into more hystarics and yelled, "NO PARENT SHOULD HAVE TO BURY THEIR CHILD." 

The dark-haired woman sobbed into her husband, causing him to loose it too. Then one by one all the others started crying too, mourning Quinn, the young hero of Earth, who was gone way too soon. 

AUTHORS NOTE: never been to a funeral before but i tried my best XD sorry I just thought I needed to write about everyone's shock and mourning since Quinn died. yes, yes Quinn is dead. Sorry guys. despite what you all think it wasnt too fun killing her. you see you dont really write stories. they sorta grab you, beat you up, hold you hostage, and then bang your face into the keyboard screaming, "WRITE MEEEE!!!" so its not like i had any say in the matter. no quinn is not going to be coming back. she's dead guys. and no she will not come back as a zombie or anything either. XD sorry guys. dont hate me. DX also things will be getting funny and happy again here real soon. :p