88) Saving Belle PART ONE

[Steve has entered the chat]

[Natasha has entered]

[Clint has entered]

[Bruce has entered]

 [Betty has entered the chat]

Bruce: BETTY! what are you doing here!?!?

Betty: Fury told me to go with you all since Tony is on his honeymoon and can't make it.

Bruce: {sighs} well its too late now to send you back. we are in the chopper on our way there. 

Betty: where are we going again?

Steve: to rescue Belle. We have mini trackers in her earrings and Fury has us on course to the active volcano shes in.

Clint: ACTIVE VOLCANO!?!?!??!

Natasha: CLINT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DAYS WHEN WE KNEW EVERYTHING!?!?!?

Clint: APPARENTLY THOSE DAYS ARE LONG GONE HONEY THEY ARE LONG GONE.

[Fury has entered the chat]

Fury: EVERYBODY SHUT UP IM TRYING TO FLY THIS CHOPPER AND I CANT FLY IT WHEN YOU ALL ARE CAUSING ALL THAT RACKET.

[Fury has disabled the chat]

~Steve Rogers’s POV

Skydiving over an active volcano: not the best way to start the day. Still I’ve had worse experiences. Like piloting that ship into the water and being frozen for several years.

We all pulled our parachutes and gracefully landed at a carved entrance to the volcano, which was a hidden island on Hawaii of all places. I think this was where Tony and Angel were on their honeymoon but I wasn’t sure. Hopefully Clint, Natasha, Betty, Bruce, and I wouldn’t cause the volcano to erupt and ruin my friend’s special time with his wife.

Thinking about that made me think about Belle, my sweet beautiful Belle. It was a big mistake to fight over something stupid and because of that call off the wedding. I see now that with the lives we lead you never know what could happen. Like with Peggy. So I should spend every moment I can with Belle, because we’ll never know what is going to happen.

The others and I then slowly made our way into the volcano. The scene was something I would never forget. Not in a thousand years. A tall beautiful woman was standing ON a lake of bubbling lava without sinking or burning. Obviously she was not human. Maybe a mutant like what Diana and Wade sometimes talk about. Those X-men.

The woman’s eyes glowed a violent red-orange and her flame orange hair was in a bun on the back of her head. She was wearing a black dress that was on fire but didn’t burn. High above her head was a black metal cage, and in that black metal cage was a woman in an S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform. Her brown hair was matted and half burnt. There was an ugly red cut on her head that was slowly dripping blood into the pool of lava alone. And that woman was Belle.

“Well if it isn’t the infamous Black Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk, She-Hulk, and Captain America. Welcome!” the mysterious fire woman said with a strange voice that sounded like there was three of her talking.

“Who are you?” I asked.

The woman simply laughed. Suddenly she took the shape of Peggy. Same fiery dress, but now the woman was… Peggy. Same beautiful chocolate hair and soft, loving eyes. My face went slack.

“Peggy of course!” the woman said brightly with Peggy’s voice.

“So you are a shape shifter?” asked Hawkeye, unimpressed.

That helped me snap out of the daze I was in. This wasn’t Peggy. This was simply a shape shifter. Not the long dead Peggy.

“Maybe,” the fake Peggy said, suddenly transforming into a beautiful blonde woman with crystal blue eyes and a killer smile, “Hello, Clint.”

Hawkeye scowled as did Natasha. The woman I believe was a woman called the Mockingbird, an old flame of Hawkeye’s. Well, this was going to be interesting…

AUTHORS NOTE: soo how was that guys? :D