Chapter 12

Halle POV

Midnight

"I'm outside" I said to Roddy over the phone.

"Aight I'm coming" He said, before I hung up.

We always love late night drives, and since he always pulls up on me for them, I figured I'd switch it up tonight and pick him up this time.

I haven't seen him all day since I was on set filming "Grownish" and I missed him, so I had to see him.

I turned up the music and rested my head back against the seat as I was waiting. I had "Am I dreaming" by Xscape and Keith Sweat playing, a love song that's mellow.

I hummed the melody a bit, looking over and seeing Roddy coming out of his mansion and I smiled a little.

"I'm definitely dreaming" I mumbled because whew this man is fine.

I'm so lucky.

He got in the car and said "Was good baby"

"Hi" I said leaning in and giving him a kiss.

"You got a whole lil vibe going on in here" He said seeing I had the stars lit at the top.

"Mhm" I said with a smile.

"What you know bout this song?" He asked and I smacked my lips saying "Boy everything" and he laughed.

"Mmm" Roddy said as he strapped his seat belt in and I put one hand on the wheel as I drove off.

"How was your day?" I asked.

"I was chillin today so it was coo. You?" He asked.

"I'm rested a bit, after I was done with Grownish, I took a little nap so I'm good" I said.

"That's good baby, when is the new season coming out?" He asked me.

"This summer" I said.

"Coo, I'll be tuned in" Roddy said and I smiled saying "Aww well aren't you sweet"

"I can be" He said chuckling. I held my free hand out for him and he grabbed it, intertwining our fingers together.

"Am I dreaminggg" I sang with the song as I got to a red light and he looked over at me, making me giggle.

"I just want you to keep singing, you sound so angelic.." He said, I smiled and said "Thank you love."

"Keep going" Roddy said.

I cleared my throat as I continued.

"See oh oh oooh, baby you are just too good to be true... And I hope
There's not some kinda mirage
With you, oh baby" I sang.

"Sing this part with me" I said to him and he smiled

"Am I dreaminggggg, am I just imagining you're here in my lifeeee"

"Aww" I said giggling because he sounds so good. People sleep on his lil singing voice.

"Keep going shawty" He said to me.