Chapter 60

Halle POV

"Alright play it back" I said to my engineer as I picked Poseidon up

I always bring him to the studio with me.

I wrote this song called "Angel" last week, and I'm finally recording it and getting it done. I was excited.

I took a break from creating music for a while because I was filming The little mermaid so I had to put my full focus on that for the whole year I was filming. So now, I'm back to the music.

And I felt really good about it.

I sat Poseidon on my lap and held him as my engineer started playing the song back and I was listening to it through my headphones.

Do you ever make it out of your head?
Do you still swim in your thoughts?
Do you still mistake your flaws for property?
Something that just don't sit right with you
But Heaven knows, Heaven knows
Your wings can't weight you down

I smiled listening to myself. I was proud of my work so far.

Angels make a way somehow
And if we fall, we fall on clouds
Black girl here, black girl with the black girl hair
Took a little sunkiss just to look like this
God sent, you're an angel
Angel
Angel
Angel
Heaven wears your halo
They know you're an angel
Angel
Angel
Angel

"I love it, I love it, I love it!" I said cheesing.

"You sound great! No edits, nothing. Just you and your voice" My engineer said.

"Thank you so much" I said poking my bottom lip out.

Roddy then walked in hearing it, and immediately poked his bottom lip out and bobbed his head slightly.

I smiled knowing that was a good thing.

"Oh shit! Them high notes is crazy babe" Roddy said to me as he shook hands with my engineer.

"Thank you sweet baby!" I said. He walked over to me giving me a kiss, then he grabbed Poseidon from me and held him.

"Alright I'm ready to record the second verse" I said.

Because for some reason I was just extremely exhausted. I'm ready to go home and just sleep.

"Alright, let's play it back and keep it going then" My engineer said before he started the beat for me.

I closed my eyes taking a deep breath before singing.

I'm a big deal
I get sick and tired of holdin' it in
Rich blood, you can probably see the gold in my skin
I'm more than a girl, won't let the troubles of the world
Come weigh me down
But angels make a way somehow
And if we fall, we fall on clouds

After I sang that part, a feeling of nausea crept up on me and I scrunched my eyebrows.

I quickly grabbed the little trash can that was beside me and I instantly threw up in it.

"Babe!" Roddy said in concern as he put Poseidon down and walked over to me. My engineer paused the music and said "Halle you alright?"

And I just kept throwing up in the trash can, I felt terrible.

Roddy pulled my hair back and said "It's alright baby, just get it out.." and he rubbed on my back.

My stomach felt like it was in knots, and I finally finished throwing up and I was breathing heavily.

"Here" My engineer said getting a water bottle out of the mini fridge and handing it to me.

"Thank you" I mumbled before taking a sip. "Look, we gone go home so you can rest and feel better" Roddy said.

I nodded my head as he helped me stand up. "Feel better Halle okay?" My engineer said.

"Thank you so much" I said. Roddy grabbed Poseidon and said "We'll be back in a few days"

"Alright, y'all take care!" My engineer said as we left out.

-

"Babe" Roddy said walking in the room. Soon as I got home, I showered, brushed my teeth and got in the bed. And Roddy had went to get me some soup and tea.

"Yes" I said.

"Got your soup from Panera bread, and got you some tea. And also, got this.." He said sitting my things down on the night stand, and he handed me a pregnancy test.

I looked at him.

"You don't just be throwing up baby. And we've been hunching a lot so we gotta be realistic here" Roddy said and I laughed.

"Hunching sounds crazy" I said.

"Well it's true" Roddy said laughing too.

"But you're right. I think I might be.. So I'll take the test to be clear" I said.

"I brought another one, just so we can be crystal clear on it" Roddy said pulling the extra pregnancy test out.

"Okay" I said.

"So you can take it after you eat and everything" Roddy said. I nodded my head as I grabbed the soup and he turned the TV on for me.

-

Roddy POV

45 minutes later

Halle came out of the bathroom and handed me both tests.

Positive.

"I'm pregnant.." She said. My eyes widened before I smiled and gave her a hug.

"That's great baby. How do you feel?" I asked.

"I'm happy." She said with a smile as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Me too" I said kissing her forehead.

"But we gone keep this to ourselves, I definitely don't want social media in our business and having all this shit to say." Halle said.

"I agree. Can I tell my mama though?" I asked and she laughed so hard.

"You so cute baby. Yes, you can tell your mother. I'm gonna tell my parents, Chloe and Branson so. Yeah, you can tell your family as well. Just tell them to keep it on the low low for now" Halle said giggling.

I nodded my head and said "Coo"

"We gotta go to the doctor though to find out how far along I am. I'm probably a month in" Halle said.

"Yeah because you not even showing yet" I said.

"Yeah so probably a few weeks in" She said.

"When do you wanna schedule the appointment?" I asked.

"I'll call tomorrow morning and make an appointment. We'll be good" Halle said.

"Alright.." I said before I picked her up, sweeping her off of her feet and she laughed. "We having a baby!" I said and she laughed before clapping her hands. "Yayyyyyyyy!" Halle said before I ran us into the bedroom.

-

☕️