Chapter 30

Halle POV

I was getting ready today because me and Chloe have a performance at the Essence Festival, they always show us love every year.

So I was packing my things up to get ready to head to the venue, so we can get dressed and get our hair and makeup done.

"You're just a sinner I am told
I'll be the fire when you're cold
Make you happy when you're sad
Make you good when you are bad
I'm not a human, I'm a dove
I'm your conscience, I am love
All I really need, is to know that you believeeee" I sang in the mirror.

"I would die for you
Only if you want me to youuuuu" Chloe joined and harmonized with me when she walked in the bathroom.

I smiled as we kept going. We love Prince and his music.

"I would die for you, for youuuuu" We both sang before holding out the note.

"Yesssss ugh I love me some Prince!" I said.

"Girllll!" Chloe said and we both laughed, then I sighed a little.

Because I'm still pissed at Roddy. I haven't talked to him today.

I'm disappointed and I don't know what's necessarily going because of how he moved about it.

If nothing's going on with him and Ella, why'd it take her calling multiple times for me to find out what happened at the studio?

And why is she THAT comfortable calling him multiple times at 6 in the morning?

And on top of that, he said he called her pretty while uplifting her and to me that's not okay.

Because if I were to call another man handsome while trying to uplift him during whatever he's going through, it'd be a problem.

It also makes the other person think there's some type of open door when there isn't.

"You good?" Chloe asked.

"Yeah.. Just thinking about Roddy" I said as I put my bag over my shoulder.

"See I don't like that he's friendly." Chloe said.

I told her about the situation and she wasn't feeling it at all. Or Ella Mai.

She unfollowed her on Instagram and shit, so did I, and then the shade room picked up on it. So now everyone thinks there's beef.

Ain't no beef. We just don't fuck with her.

"Me neither, that's a big issue for me" I said.

"With her fake ass accent. You think that shit real?" Chloe asked as we were heading for the door.

I laughed a little saying "I mean yeah, who gone fake an accent for years and years"

"Oh you'd be surprised" Chloe said chuckling.

"Whew, let's hope not because that'd be weird" I said as we left the house and started walking to the car.

"Right, and all her music sounds the same anyways. Basic ass. They're all love songs and they all end with her talking at the end likeeee." Chloe said rolling her eyes and I laughed so hard.

"Oh my gosh they do" I said. I didn't even realize that until now, now that I think about it.

"But forget about her, if Roddy knows what's good for him, he'd stay the fuck away from her. Tonight is about me and you, killing shit at the essence festival" Chloe said as we got in the car.